Elections 2021 and 2022

The figures in this are really eye-popping. The part about seniors being evicted made me wonder about voters displaced in a way that affects their registration. If people have to find emergency housing or stay with friends or family in another area for a prolonged period of time, they might encounter issues at the polls in a new location. Just another reason to be concerned about the companies buying houses or rental real estate, where they are actively disrupting the housing market, and the timing of rent increases:

5 Likes

and proposed by Democratic plaintiffs.

In addition, the court imposed a new election calendar for the May 17 primary, leaving the day for voting intact while altering the deadlines for candidates’ paperwork to get on the ballot to be filed.

“The Pennsylvania Supreme Court reviewed maps from a breadth of different citizen groups and plaintiffs, and the map they’ve selected reflects the input of voters and the population trends of the last decade,” said Sen. Jay Costa (D-43). “With today’s decision, I am very happy to see that we can move forward with petition period and our regularly scheduled May 17 primary, where the voters will decide on their representation.”

10 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

Former US attorney general Bill Barr says Donald Trump has “shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed” in a new book.

Mr Barr calls on the Republican Party to move on from Mr Trump and directly blames him for the violence at the US Capitol on 6 January in One Damn Thing After Another.

On Saturday, Joe Biden laughed off Donald Trump’s praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“I put as much stock in Trump saying that Putin’s a genius as I do when he called himself a stable genius,” Mr Biden said in an interview released Saturday.

8 Likes

Translation: He was not a good enough authoritarian…

9 Likes

Sven Kums Buffalo GIF by KAA Gent

7 Likes
5 Likes

I guess it’s good that Barr is coming out that directly against Tromp, but man, that guy was one of the most craven toadies ever.

I really don’t give a shit what he has to say about anything, and it sucks that he’s getting any mainstream attention at all as he tries to sell his shitty, about-to-sell-300- or-so copies book.

8 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

I think you’re underestimating him. I suspect he’s planning on buying way more than 300 copies.

4 Likes

7 Likes
15 Likes
7 Likes

Yikes

2 Likes
11 Likes

Democrats lost the 2016 presidential election, and they barely won in 2020.

Puppy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

We need more than Fucking NYT, it’s a problem in all mainstream media now.

5 Likes

Hogan would be a Trumpian-type disaster as President.

6 Likes