Elections 2021 and 2022

Trumpworld braces for ‘a couple of ugly nights’ in May

The upcoming stretch of primaries could put a serious dent in the Trump brand.

In a four-week stretch of primaries running from Nebraska and West Virginia to Idaho, Pennsylvania and Georgia, Trump-endorsed candidates are slogging through difficult races where the former president’s blessing hasn’t proved to be the rocket fuel some expected. In a few cases, his preferred candidates are running far behind.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/may-primaries-republican-donald-trump-ohio-00029149?_amp=true

Blood in the water in the shark tank?

5 Likes

Fingers crossed that this isn’t an outlier and the trend continues.

10 Likes

On Monday, the Wall Street Journal editorial board slammed the Trump-backed special counsel investigating Wisconsin’s 2020 election results, former state Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman.

Specifically, the editors called out Gableman for erratic behavior and conspiracy theories that they say are only going to hurt Republicans in the state.

It’s just one state, but…

9 Likes
6 Likes
12 Likes

And the radio just said that Raffensperger did indeed sign off on her running. Keep in mind that he and his family received DEATH THREATS from the trumpers…

Screaming Internally Star Trek GIF

13 Likes

Why bother with a Constitution if it’s consistently ignored?

12 Likes

One thing that i kinda truly fear would make me go blind would be watching her victory dance.

5 Likes

Apparently because it gives judges a pretext to roll back any rights recognized after the 1700s. :disappointed:

11 Likes
10 Likes

Is pretty much the Republican position. On everything.

9 Likes

https://archive.ph/HfnEO

“But many of the affected voters told The Inquirer they had no idea why their ballots were being sent to Lanzilotti instead of their home addresses. Some maintained they had never even applied to vote by mail.“
—-

“His ouster capped a whirlwind 24 hours for the Republican leader, who, in addition to serving as a ward leader, had previously served as chairman of the Philadelphia Young Republicans and held paid positions on high-profile campaigns.

He had worked for President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign in Pennsylvania in 2020, according to campaign finance filings. He had also been paid more than $7,000 by the reelection campaign for U.S. Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R., Bucks) between January and March of this year — a job Lanzilotti touted in an interview with The Inquirer last week.“

12 Likes

projector GIF

Yet again, and no surprise.

13 Likes

I can hear the conspiracy theorists now… :roll_eyes: Actually, I probably only need to go to a different part of my county to hear them…

17 Likes

Well of course he’s bankrolling her, since he’s the kingpin behind Black Lives Matter too. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Good for him!

10 Likes

No, no, see, to MAGAts it’s only a concern when Soros secretly funds candidates through a globalist cabal that is controlling people’s minds with space lasers.

arcade doctor GIF

9 Likes

This not only has some interesting points about the Philippine elections, but also how revisionist history is being spread on social media to convince people that repression in the past wasn’t really bad:

Similar methods are working in an increasing number of countries, including the US:

Watchdog groups, political parties, and activists have to be vigilant in this space, too, because the folks behind this kind of spin seem to be at it 24/7/365.

11 Likes

Somehow Oregon has generated a politician even more annoying and horrible than Ted Cruz

( trigger warning / transphobia etc. )

8 Likes
11 Likes