Elections 2021 and 2022

An attack on progressive incumbents- with the Philadelphia Dem Committee involved. Also - PAC donations should be disclosed. Who’s money is behind this?

13 Likes

Angry Hate GIF

10 Likes

This take on the story includes a trip down memory lane:

11 Likes

Yep. And Kemp signed that racist education bill there, too.

“We have a right to have a white community.″

You fucking don’t, asswipes.

13 Likes
11 Likes

I remember when The Economist went through a similar struggle and endorsed Obama, and since then, I don’t think they’ve gone back to a Republican candidate for U.S. President.

But then again, the U.S. Democratic Party is a lot closer to what international media would consider to be Conservative. Especially against the Republican Party as it has devolved.

10 Likes

An interesting profile on John Fetterman.

Some highlights:

The position is mostly ceremonial, but he has used it aggressively, visiting every county in the state on a listening tour about legalizing marijuana.
“John doesn’t wait for campaign season to show up,” says Joe Calvello, director of communications for Fetterman. “The first thing he did as lieutenant governor was to tour 67 counties to talk to people, to get out there, to hear people’s concerns, whether it’s about legalizing marijuana or forging new lives. He’s had these conversations for years.”

The 2018 race is also proof he can win a statewide election, something none of the other candidates can claim. His campaign believes his unusual political brand, idiosyncratic political ideology, and attention to rural areas and small towns will win voters who wouldn’t go for a cookie-cutter Democrat.

The Republicans are saying about him…

The Republican attack line on Fetterman is likely to be that he’s a false working-class hero who cries poor but comes from money. “The guy’s a show-off fake,” says Christopher Nicholas, a Republican political consultant who is not working on the Senate campaign. “He is an interesting MSNBC and social media novelty. He parlayed that into raising a bunch of money, but when you strip away all the technology it’s still a people business. And he can’t go to meetings and do small talk.”

11 Likes

I know he was uncomfortable talking to me.

10 Likes

Oh really! :thinking:

9 Likes

Angry Fire GIF

3 Likes

Caught right away, and seems to be 100% fine, but still:

10 Likes

Oh god… glad they caught it in time.

10 Likes

This could be an interesting one to watch, although if she wins, the right will not be able to resist making it a sexist, misogynistic shit show.

8 Likes

So a day ending in “y” for them?

8 Likes

She doesn’t stand a chance against Evans. No one would.

Edit:

Evans:

6 Likes

disgusted sarah michelle gellar GIF

13 Likes

Now now, no shaming: I’m sure plenty of folks have fantasies about what they’d do if they were sharing a bed with him.

10 Likes

When Ricky Martin said something along the lines of, “imagine me however you wish,” my mind went straight to him… washing my dishes.

(What? I don’t like washing dishes. :rofl: )

I wouldn’t trust Dr. Oz to properly wash my dishes, and I don’t want him anywhere near my bedroom. To be honest, I can’t really think of any way I’d want him around me.

11 Likes

Crying and vowing to withdraw from public life? I mean, I’d for sure rather he do that somewhere other than my home, but if that’s what it requires I could endure it for the public good.

9 Likes
10 Likes