Elections 2021 and 2022

They should have left the title off the video.

7 Likes

Hmmm. I’d like to think he can be defeated without resorting to the “dangerously unhinged back male” trope.

10 Likes

I think he can be. And I doubt that Warnock will be leaning into that kind of rhetoric, either. He ran a positive campaign against Loeffler, and she lost on her own merits, and same here.

I See You GIF by GIPHY News

13 Likes

ETA: Got to add to here instead of posting new…

14 Likes

Fetterman’s first public appearance since his stroke.

11 Likes

Information to contact the Federal Election Committee to complain about Google’s backdoor attempt to provide in-kind donations to political candidates and the parties themselves by allowing them to bypass the spam filters, unlike every other email. This will seriously impact how much spam gets through before November if they get what they want:

12 Likes

This was the best comment and a perfect suggestion:

“Anyone proposing this idea of political SPAM bypassing spam filters should be tied to a TV set with their eyes pried open and forced to watch hundreds of hours of ‘my opponent is a scumbag’ ads.”

16 Likes

Come On Challengeaccepted GIF by Real Prosperity, Inc.

get started video games GIF

10 Likes

The Good, then the Bad, and - ultimately – the Ugly.

13 Likes

On (I guess) a related note, during the MD primaries we were inundated with Glenn Ivey and Donna Edwards flyers. Every day there was at least one flyer for or (mostly) against one or the other (and mostly against Edwards). (One day we got 4.) Whoever went to the trouble to see where my wife and I are registered might’ve also noticed (if not cared) that we don’t even live in the 4th District.

We’re in the 5th and, conversely, I don’t think we got a single piece of mail regarding Hoyer nor his primary opponents.

EDIT: Well gol’ durn, it turned out that all of the sudden we do live in the 4th! :flushed:

The Maryland primary was delayed by three weeks because of lawsuits challenging the state’s congressional and state legislative maps.

8 Likes

Mehmet Oz makes scientific contributions.

7 Likes
10 Likes

For all the faults of Britain’s referenda in the last 12 years, one of the things they did right was have a long period where the question being asked was constantly rewritten so that it wasn’t confusing, biased or misleading (Which is more than I can say for the campaigns).

That amendment question would have been dismissed as entirely unsuitable before the first half hour was up.

14 Likes
13 Likes

“Enter Terry Schilling, president of the anti-LGBTQ group American Principles Project.

“I believe these are enormous issues for swing voters and moderates,” Schilling told the Times, saying that his group plans to spend up to $12 million on anti-trans ads before November.

“I believe” are truly the operative words in that sentence because this isn’t Schilling’s first rodeo.

Unfortunately for his donors, Schilling’s theory of the case is already a two-time loser. In 2019, Schilling sought to use his strategery to help reelect Kentucky’s incumbent GOP Gov. Matt Bevin. Schilling’s group focused on making ads that questioned whether “men” (i.e. transgender women and girls) should be allowed to use women’s restrooms and participate in sports for women and girls. The idea was to paint Bevin’s Democratic rival Andy Beshear as “extreme” for supporting transgender rights. It failed. But when Bevin ultimately lost to Beshear in November 2019, Schilling’s group commissioned its own study that apparently determined the organization’s anti-trans messaging cut Bevin’s loss by 13,000 votes. The American Principles Project immediately morphed Bevin’s loss into a win for the group.“

11 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes

Cancellations got their attention.

13 Likes

I’m eagerly awaiting another version of this - featuring 45!

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes