Elections 2021 and 2022

Oopsies. I’m sure a nice lawyer with a strong background in Constitutional law explained to Hulu that political speech is protected speech. If they accept any ads, they have to accept all politcal ads. No censoring them. (Now be prepared for some pretty crazy ads from the GQP. :roll_eyes:)

11 Likes

Hulu ran crazy gQp ads in my zip code in the run up to the 2020 election. :man_shrugging:

Maybe they just forgot.

11 Likes

FTFY.

11 Likes

The fight against efforts to disenfranchise voters continues: :fist:t4:

13 Likes

See, this is the sort of work that the Democratic party should be doing at every level: changing local laws to override the disenfranchisement that’s been going on. If everyone can vote, the extremists won’t be able to keep tearing apart our laws because they’re such a small minority.

16 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

12 Likes

This latest forecast isn’t super rosy, especially regarding the seats in the House, but at least the Democrats are currently ever-so-slightly favored to hang on to the Senate, in a cycle where the Republicans would normally be expected to have a big advantage.

9 Likes
16 Likes

The dems can hold the House - if they rack up a few big wins right now. And start looking like the want to fight. It’s not impossible.

10 Likes

Here’s hoping that lawsuit progresses. It should scare the crap out of states that are thinking of using the state legislatures to pick electoral votes. How about losing over half of your congressional representation and electors as a penalty!

13 Likes

Ten Million $$

Does that include most of the gQp?

8 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

I’ve been wondering if the Dems can convince him not to run, and can also cough up someone, anyone with wider appeal.

Newsom versus DeSantis? sigh

10 Likes

Is there any polling on alternates?

I’ll bet someone has done that - maybe just quietly.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Here in Michigan our local Faceook groups have been hitting hard for any candidate that the last guy endorses. We also have the Devos family endorsing candidates.

If you’re endorsed by the Devos family it’s a death sentence to these people. They hate the Devos family because she resigned after January 6th.

Which brings us to Tudor Dixon running in the primary. She’s endorsed by Devos but not by trump so she was evil don’t vote for her because Devos, blah, blah , blah…

And then Friday evening trump endorsed Tudor Dixon.

I pointed out they have a real dilemma on their hands because she is the only candidate for governor endorsed by trump but also the evil Devos people.

Heads exploded and I was permanently removed from the group and commenting was turned off on all posts about Dixon.

Gonna be a fun primary tomorrow in our state.

They’re also warning people to not accept the sharpie they’re given to mark their ballots, they’re doing it to invalidate their vote. Of course they can’t explain how poll workers know which voter’s votes need to be invalidated but they are freaking out right now.

If the outcome doesn’t go their way it’s going to be a crap show. Especially since the preferred candidate, Jacky Wackadoodle Eubanks, for our district is endorsed by trump and wants to ban contraception (I got a 2 week time out when I posted the video where she actually said it) but will be beat by the only republican that’s not a wackadoodle but endorsed by Devos.

I’m glad I mailed in my ballot already, standing in line at the polls would make my head explode.

8 Likes

Former Candidate for Governor Nick Kristof Will Return to His New York Times Column

4 Likes

Also, Betsy Johnson collected another Republican Megadonor. Why was she allowed to skip the GOP primary, again? She’s running as a Republican by any other name.

2 Likes

I’m still pissed it was even possible for a spoiler to run a “write in” campaign in the supposed top-two run-off for Portland mayor last time :crazy_face:

WHY IS THERE A WRITE-IN LINE IN A RUN-OFF

WHY

5 Likes