Elections 2021 and 2022

13 Likes

CNN is not calling it yet, but there just simply are not enough people in those grey areas of the state to make any kind of dent in the gap. Kansas has said no to forced-birther bullshit. I am happy to see this, and glad that my vote contributed to this outcome. Every vote counts!

Also, look at this turnout in a midterm primary! Way to go, Kansas!

14 Likes

Here in Michigan, trump endorsed Tudor Dixon will be facing off against Whitmer. Whitmer should win in November. Trump did not endorse her until this past Friday evening.

Our local Facebook pages are freaking out that all the major local and national news organizations are calling it this early. They believe it was decided before the election.

The real interesting thing is they are turning on each other and accusing their own party of cheating. She was endorsed by their cult leader. It appears they are turning on him.

That last guy made it so if your candidate loses it must be because the other guy cheated. It’s insane.

Our resident ban contraception wackadoodle, Jacky Eubanks, is already looking for people who were forced to use sharpies instead of ink pens to prove it was rigged. Did I mention it’s insane?

5 Likes

Looks like Senate Republicans just realized that killing the broadly supported, bipartisan PACT act providing aid to injured veterans might not have been the best look heading into the Fall election season after all.

12 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

10 Likes

Republicans are shitting bricks about the mid terms. Or should be.

17 Likes
9 Likes

Bye.

13 Likes

Wow. She was not a very nice person. (That’s all I can say.)

13 Likes

No. No she was not.

12 Likes

Despite the utter failure of their efforts, there is something admirable in Democratic attempts at peace. It is both charitable and honorable to hold respect for the instruments and norms of democracy, to seek out consensus and unity when they are in short supply, to dutifully ignore all the temptations of power that can so easily run amok. The war we are in may have been inevitable, but no one can say that it wasn’t because Democrats didn’t try hard enough to avoid it.

In fact, the magnanimity and grace offered by Democratic leadership over the last 30 years has obscured not only the depth of the break between the parties, but how easily it could be fixed. Democratic restraint has often been interpreted—both inside and outside the party—as weakness. In reality, as the surprising deal for the Inflation Reduction Act demonstrates, Republicans would be completely helpless if Democrats decided that they didn’t matter.

For all the strategy and subterfuge, the Republican Party is on the losing side of nearly every political equation. They have fewer voters supporting unpopular policies while holding onto a philosophical framework so thin and unsteady that it requires relentless propaganda to be believed. The Party of Eisenhower and WWII veterans Nixon and Bush Sr. cannot bring itself to denounce Nazisbecause it can’t afford to lose their votes. And while the victory of the Dobbs decision was initially perceived as a crowning achievement, it has instead revealed the terrifying fragility of the GOP.

The Democrats, in contrast, are a behemoth waiting to be released.

16 Likes

Unfortunately, thanks to the earlier redistricting, she’s no longer presiding over all the area she used to represent. And those of us who got abandoned when she strolled away to greener pastures have to deal with Shri Thanedar as our potential new rep, since he took the primary.

It’s fairly likely the gentleman in question will win, too. So no matter what happens, we’ve lost.

11 Likes
11 Likes

:thinking: So in their view, everyman=urban/rural people who are financially struggling loners, cast adrift by their parents (who are probably Takers struggling themselves on Social Security)? This is as opposed to wealthy and powerful Makers who inherit money but won’t help anyone in need (especially their kids, elderly parents, or spouses who become… inconvenient). I get the feeling this not only reveals again how deeply dysfunctional they are, but also how much it pisses them off when the poors band together to help each other escape the financial traps they’ve created to enrich themselves at others’ expense. :face_with_monocle: How dare they assist each other instead of coming to me and my usurious breathren to be fleeced, like proper sheeple!
The Simpsons GIF by FOX TV

16 Likes

In reality, as someone who comes from the “everyman” background, I don’t care about some stupid purity test of how people grew up, as long as if when they’re in politics, they do the right thing by the people. Fetterman seems far more likely to do that than Oz…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

12 Likes

It also means they are ignoring how one even becomes a viable Senate candidate. There are functionally no real “everyman” Senate candidates for the major parties.

7 Likes

Shakes Head No GIF by Election 2020

11 Likes

Ouch. Ok, more than fair.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

11 Likes