Elections 2021 and 2022

Shocked Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

11 Likes

I heard that on the radio yesterday…

6 Likes
8 Likes

Is human trafficking bad now? I thought these people loved Thomas Jefferson. :unamused:

13 Likes

That’s not real human trafficking, though, cause pure, innocent white Christian women weren’t involved… /s

12 Likes

https://archive.ph/VbpeL

11 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Shakes Head No GIF by Election 2020

8 Likes

My reaction to their debate is likely to be a combination of this…

Wide Eyes What GIF

…and this:

Interest Reaction GIF

7 Likes

https://archive.ph/oELwa

There’s something about Pennsylvania’s political DNA that’s playing out in this year’s crucial Senate race.

It’s not that we have one unifying statewide identity, but we are a state with lots of intense regional identities — that can oftentimes breed distrust of out-of-towners.

People don’t say they’re from Pennsylvania. They say Pittsburgh or Philly; NEPA or the Lehigh Valley; Western Pa. or Johnstown; the Philly burbs or Delco. The dividing lines aren’t along our state borders but east vs. west, Wawa vs. Sheetz, city vs. rural, Steelers Nation vs. “Go Birds” and Philly vs. Everybody.

Oz, who grew up in Delaware and went to medical and business school at the University of Pennsylvania, has started crisscrossing the state to campaign. But he’s struggled to shake the “outsider” label.

In a late July poll, 37% of voters said they were extremely concerned Oz “may not be familiar enough with the state of Pennsylvania to carry out the job of senator effectively.” An additional 34% were somewhat or very concerned.

15 Likes

Good luck to all of PA; a con artist like Oz in charge is the last thing anyone needs…

18 Likes

angry the it crowd GIF

12 Likes

Fuck yes!

18 Likes

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

15 Likes

Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of political ads on Youtube. I normally skip the ads as soon as I’m able but today I was doing something and saw more of one particular ad, only to be shocked when the ad I’d assumed was pro Mandela Barnes turned out to be the opposite.

It starts with audio of Lt Governor Barnes talking about the squad and their big ideas, that’s where I usually end. The audio continues as he lists off all the progressive things he supports. So far, things seem positive, he’s got good ideas, no doomer music or narration instilling a sense of dread, or so it seems. The audio clip stops, and the tone shifts as a narrator speaks, “Who’s going to pay for this?”, a dramatic pause, “You the taxpayer!”

That’s it, ad was over, paid for by some anti-tax PAC. I don’t know why I found it shocking, I now how split voting bases are right now, maybe shocking’s the wrong word for it. I support all the positions expressed in the Barnes audio clip, I’m pro taxpayers paying for shit they vote for. That’s kinda how our whole system is supposed to work. The whole thing was positive, yet it wasn’t. I don’t know why this one ad among decades worth stands out, but it does. I don’t really have any larger point, but thought I’d share.

13 Likes

I often wonder why this scares people. Of course taxes are going to pay for it because that’s how we get shit done collectively. We pool our cash and pay for shit! That got us the highway system, public schools, public parks, the military, the governmental agencies, etc…

I really wish we had a better relationship to taxation in this country.

jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk

I think it’s because it really highlights how the right has not real platform other than hate and tax cuts. That’s all the have.

17 Likes

They’re doing a bang-up job on lack of representation, though.

eric cartman toys GIF by South Park

11 Likes

That’s probably it, or at least a significant portion.

11 Likes

Cheney lost big time.

This is what the GQP does to heretics who dare question the holiness of the god emperor trump.

5 Likes