Elections 2021 and 2022

I guess it was expected:

13 Likes

When all is said and done, there are no good Republicans. Anyone with anything resembling a conscience got out a long time ago.

3 Likes

Maybe she’ll get to gloat later when the Jan. 6th Committee recommends jail time for Trump. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m sure that when they come back for their September encore, she’ll be even more fired up.

8 Likes

As I said in another thread it’s really disheartening to see her go down for doing the right thing when by all rights we should have had a chance to see her go down for any of the legitimately awful things she’s done or supported. Especially since the woman replacing her is just the absolute worst.

It’s like watching a villainous member of the League of Evil banished into the Phantom Zone because they didn’t have the heart to eat a kitten.

17 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

But if she’s instrumental in taking down Trump and helping to clean up her party of the active fascist wing, that will be a good thing.

12 Likes

disney quote GIF

6 Likes

“Two years ago, I won this primary with 73 percent of the vote,” she said. “I could easily have done the same again. The path was clear. But it would’ve required that I go along with President Trump’s lie about the 2020 election.”

Much as I can’t abide most of her politics she isn’t wrong here. Glad she’s calling out Wyoming Republicans as the traitorous cultists they are on her way out the door.

13 Likes

“In the last two weeks, three polls have shown putative Democratic Senate nominee Val Demings either tied or leading Rubio in Florida. The most recent, a survey from the University of North Florida released Tuesday, found Demings receiving 48% support from registered voters, more than the 44% who said they backed the GOP incumbent. Seven percent of respondents said they would vote for someone else.“

13 Likes
10 Likes

First ‘out’ autistic Congressperson, more likely.

12 Likes

https://archive.ph/MX2V6

11 Likes

11 Likes

I used to have friends from this church community, but in Illinois, and they always talked about Bryn Athyn the way Catholics talk about Rome.

FWIW, everyone I knew from the community were kind, decent people. It’s definitely an odd sect, and perhaps it’s gotten more extreme/fundamentalist in recent decades – as so many religious groups have – but the only bad thing I know about them is that they’ve welcomed Oz into their community!

8 Likes

Well, there’s also the traditional GOP hypocrisy (since the article mentions the company, but not the crime):

8 Likes

Finally, large scale voter fraud that changed the outcome of the election.

Or not.

3 Likes
12 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3605418-how-this-populist-democrat-is-taking-on-ron-johnson-in-wisconsin/

Democrats have gone all-in on Mandela Barnes, the state’s 35-year-old lieutenant governor, to oust Republican Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.) as part of their keep-the-Senate strategy this fall. Critics think it will take a lot to see that seat turn blue. Skeptical optimists call it a toss-up. But others see a nation in economic hardship over inflation, a myriad of GOP scandals and a flawed, unpopular opponent as encouragement that the purple battleground could actually deliver Barnes a victory…… Democrats in Washington have leaned into Barnes’s obvious progressive streak. He’s against corporate PAC money and is for Medicare for All and environmental protections by way of a Green New Deal that’s tailored to Wisconsin’s priorities. He’s also backed by liberal Senate heavyweights, Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), whose ranks he hopes to join, and a slew of grassroots organizations.

17 Likes

He’s also polling something like 7 or 9 points ahead of Johnson.

19 Likes

It’s funny, desantis is announcing criminal charges in that story above but the people that got caught in actual voter fraud in The Villages in Florida got nothing.

He also didn’t have a press conference to announce those voter fraud arrests.

Odd. Okay not odd but still.

3 Likes