Elections 2021 and 2022

His campaign manager is smart enough to try and manipulate expectations.

12 Likes

Shakes Head No GIF by Election 2020

11 Likes

Also from Dubya, who was proud to be a C student, and successfully played that “I’m just like you!” routine in his campaign. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I didn’t even consider the racist angle

The resulting contrast is one that presents a subset of potentially bigoted white voters with a choice between an uppity trouble-maker preacher who is in favor of further changes to their way of life through radical leftist ideas while focusing on racial division, or a more deferential Black man who is not going to get out of line and certainly won’t be a champion for any issues dealing with systemic racism. It is a dog whistle borne out of the tradition of the gentle giant much too stupid and well-meaning to cause any problems.
There isn’t much more offensive to the subset of bigoted white voters Walker will have to rely upon for success than an uppity Black man, and Walker undoubtedly understands this. He seeks to position himself as safe and controllable, and intentionally plays into the idea that Black men and by extension, Black people, are fine, humble folks who can be trusted so long as we understand our limits and accept that white people know better for us than we do for ourselves. In fairness, it may be too much to suggest that Walker’s approach is rooted in ruse. Even as this may be his authentic self, though, he is clear on what he thinks a Black, relatable, country boy looks and sounds like to white Georgian voters.

Not entirely sure this is Walker’s idea. But his campaign doing these things to purposefully engage racists is all too believable

13 Likes

That analysis makes me physically ill. And the fact that it may work for certain racist white folks don’t help none, neither.

11 Likes

… denouncing the progressive candidate for literally being “one of Them” :grimacing:

4 Likes

They seem to be implying she’s some kind of traitor in this district race. :thinking:

8 Likes
9 Likes

Gay, MAGAt Republican.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Damn, is self-preservation not a thing anymore? “Sure, they want everyone like me dead, but surely they will make an exception, right?”

14 Likes

LeopardsEatingFaces.gif

12 Likes

He probably thinks being white and cisgender will save him.
He’s wrong.

I also suspect some self-hate and probably a dose of misogyny

He has called abortion rights “barbaric,” and spoken favorably about the Florida “Don’t Say Gay” bill signed into law by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

10 Likes
12 Likes

A very Trump inspired guy.

12 Likes
11 Likes

“Profits” is a very malleable concept

Promising to donate 1% of gross revenue (or something) would be more meaningful :thinking:

9 Likes
12 Likes

“Prompting the GOP to compare her to QAnon”: so, does that mean they’re singing her praises and backing her at every opportunity?

No?

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

13 Likes

Right? Assholes.

10 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right place for this.

16 Likes

He also said that he was a nuclear technician.

11 Likes