Elections 2021 and 2022

16 Likes

Seems like Trump republicans aren’t showing up to debates, and the GOP overall seems to have abandoned any debates… I wonder if that will make a difference to the voters, since a major complaint has been how little you learn from them.

15 Likes

One thing that voters can learn from no-shows to debates: which candidates are chickenshit.

That might even penetrate the minds of low-info voters.

15 Likes

Yeah, but the tricky liberals are just trying to have a couple of solid hours of gotcha questions with dastardly facts… It’s braver NOT to show up! Besides, liberals always lie, so what’s the point in debating them! Besides it’s not manly… they should have a boxing match instead! /s

But I seriously hope so…

11 Likes

Voting 2020 Election GIF by Black Voters Matter Fund

13 Likes

Brutal.

18 Likes

As a Boomer, it is my responsibility to post this rather than pretend it’s not happening:

14 Likes

Why on earth is/was this even an issue? If the ballots were received before the deadline what difference does it make if it had the wrong date or no date?

7 Likes

The point is normalizing elections decided by courts.

13 Likes

That would line up with that man I keep seeing around town, driving around in a Chevy Bolt waving a cut out of Trump’s head as he stops at traffic lights… He looks to be a retiree…

I would say that the coalition that supports him is probably drawn from all generations, though there might be more older Boomers and Gen Xers than millennials and Gen Zers.

10 Likes

I’m not sure that the more violent ones are any less concerning. Especially if you’re more likely to be a target.

11 Likes

We came up against this all the time with regard to women’s and reproductive rights in Illinois: who could afford to spend the day going to the state capitol (3 hours from Chicago, for example)? Not working women with young children at home.

15 Likes

Yep. Very true… I want to say that one of the key figures in the wave of extreme gun laws that have been passed in some states is a Florida retiree.

11 Likes

I don’t think any of the top 10 safest cities are run by Republicans.

10 Likes

I’ve always heard that “youth is wasted on the young.” Hearing this in my mid-20s, I figured that “retirement is wasted on the old.”

13 Likes

“Voters are narrowly more likely to say that Republican candidates near them have a clear plan for solving the country’s problems (32%) than they are to say the same about Democratic candidates (28%).”

The Republicans are the country’s fucking problems.

14 Likes

Well, if “go the fuck away” constitutes a plan, then this could be accurate. I suspect it is much closer to “take everything bad and make it much, much worse.” And that fact speaks to the mindset of that 32% very clearly.

14 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

11 Likes

zdwldavlqj101

7 Likes

My debate prediction for tonight Re: Warnock & Walker.

The pundits will denigrate Warnock’s performance even if he’s intelligent, articulate, has well thought out policies and is warm and respectful.

They’ll praise Walker if he doesn’t physically shit himself on stage.

10 Likes