Elections 2021 and 2022

Ummm, wow. I suspect that he will see no coverage from right-wing media at all.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Sorry, WHAT‽

9 Likes

WTAF?

6 Likes

Well it looks like Virginia just kicked McAuliffe out of office in favor of a Trumpublican who ran on basically nothing but racial animus and “Critical Race Theory”.

I’m sure ads like this FROM THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY didn’t hurt the racist’s chances any.

The Democrats really are this stupid and this bad at it.

14 Likes

wow. that is really not clever at all. I mean, I know MacAuliffe was really pushing the “this guy is tRump II,” with gusto but that mailer ad is just awful. way to pitch the tukey ball right over the plate for tRumpkin.
gah!

10 Likes

Republicans are cleaning house in all the Va. races.

Fucking hell. This is not good.

Dems couldn’t piss their way of a paper bag. Soo over them. Dammit.

Running McAuliffe was a f’NG HUGE mistake.

I am soo tired of these stupid red neck magat racist assholes. Ugggggh.

10 Likes
6 Likes

I already forgot. What stunt is he talking about?

7 Likes

I want to know who thought this was an even remotely good idea? This kind of “ironic” ad would be a funny Twitter meme but an utterly stupid thing to actually send to voters. Fucking Democratic establishment just can’t get out of their own goddamn way.

9 Likes

They will be the death of this country.

6 Likes

Any idea if that would tip the majority to repubs? If Youngkin is crippled as a guv by a dem majority, at least that wouldn’t be so bad.

For Virginians. This result nevertheless feels bad for its national implications. Like, Trump is surging, and Biden is fading.

6 Likes

My concern is what a gQp power structure in Va will do in a contested presidential election. I think that we all know what that means.

trump will probably announce his run for office soon after a qQp win in Va. and NJ.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Meanwhile the media narrative can’t stop breathlessly going on about how “Democrats just can’t get anything done!”, “Biden’s failed agenda!”, “Biden can’t control COVID!”, “Biden’s slipping popularity!”.

This is such simplistic and cherry-picked bullshit that handwaves away the fact that Republicans in Congress are doing literally nothing at all while Democrats are working their asses off trying to help people. None of this inspires people to go out and vote for Democrats, that’s for sure.

10 Likes

All but the Covid part is right.

4 Likes

They may be technically true but there’s a whole lot of nuance beyond the clickbait declarations.

6 Likes

When Fascists win elections, it ultimately comes down to the many, many people who vote for Fascist candidates. Because Fascism is a very popular political ideology in America now. The news stories that do not mention that are only showing a piece of the story.

5 Likes

When one party gets into power on narrow majorities and immediately goes 110% balls-to-the-wall “get everything done no matter the cost”, while the other party gets into power on narrow margins and spends an entire year arguing with itself over how much people really actually deserve to be helped at all, it’s perhaps no surprise that the latter doesn’t exactly instill confidence or enthusiasm in the people who they expect to vote for them.

We’ve spent so long voting against Republicans because Democrats sure as shit aren’t giving anyone anything to vote for, and when they do, they either turn around and lie about ever intending to do it (see the student loan forgiveness debacle that’s likely to end in Democrats restarting payments right before the 2022 election instead of giving anyone the relief they were promised during the 2020 campaign) or waste literal months of political capital bending over backward to make shitheels like Manchin and Sinema happy only to get less than nothing from them in return, instead of putting an arm around their shoulders and gesturing pointedly at the woodshed. People can only do that for so long before they just give up on the process entirely.

If the Democrats operated with even a tenth of the urgency and intensity that Republicans do (or the urgency that Republicans lie about Democrats having), we’d have universal loan forgiveness, monthly COVID checks, Medicare drug price negotiations, a new civil rights law, and a big pile of money going into green energy solutions by now. But no, they seem to be more interested in sarcastic clapping and opposite-day ads that basically sell their opponent’s base on their own candidate and asking people to send them more money every week so they can “fight” – motherfuckers you have a majority right now, why do you need to fight for anything? Just fucking do it!

15 Likes

A small bright spot in yesterday’s results: a progressive woman of color finally ended Boston’s centuries-long streak of electing white guys for mayor:

12 Likes