10 Likes
11 Likes

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

10 Likes

Does that mean Tiger Woods for VP?

Too soon?

4 Likes

surely a straight driver, Tiger.
yet, I was thinking more of a Thelma/ Louise “drive forward” scenario…
and that works for me

4 Likes

Tiger did his own Thelma recently, which is what I was referring to:

4 Likes

d’oh!
yup. I get it.
he is known for his drive, no?

4 Likes

That, too. :wink:

4 Likes

This campaign is starting out swimmingly…

6 Likes

This is not about specific elections, but just a general concern about whether or not enough is being done to stave off an authoritarian coup by the current administration…

6 Likes

I think Biden may still in his heart believe that his beloved country would never allow that to happen. I see this as what would be endearing naiveté if it weren’t so deadly serious a threat. As it is, damn…

10 Likes

Honestly, it’s this, more than health issues, that makes electing an older white dude a problem - the very lack of imagination on stuff like this. Not that white men aren’t the only ones who can be complacent, but I just think they are more likely to be in the face of challenges like this.

10 Likes

It’s tough too because not saying that and sort of failing to “clap for tinkerbell” would only strengthen the argument that democracy is dead. We’re in a scary place.

8 Likes
4 Likes
15 Likes

This is for the people living in Texas:

Early voting is open until 10/29. There are eight constitutional amendments on the ballot. They range from probably a good idea (prop 5) through fairly harmless to potentially disasterous. Prop 3 has me really worried. It would “prohibit this state or a political subdivision of this state from prohibiting or limiting religious services of religious organizations.”
So, no closing churches or limiting capacity for any reason. Including plague or environmental disaster. Plague even worse than COVID? The megachurches full of science deniers can meet with as many people as they want without any precautions at all. Gas leak down the street? Fire marshall cannot order people to evacuate. Toxic mold? Code enforcement cannot force the church to clean it up. If it is part of a religous service, no limits. Anti-vaxx religous pretenders want to have a prayer vigil inside a school complete with singing? This is worded so broadly the school might not be able to stop it.

Please go vote

7 Likes

There goes your polygamy, underage sex and drug laws Texas.

9 Likes

laugh laughing at you GIF by Pose FX

9 Likes
5 Likes

“ This weekend Stern held an amazing news conference making blockbuster allegations against Michael Flynn and Houston billionaire Al Hartman. In a nutshell, he claims an organization run by Flynn, and funded by Hartman, is attempting to gather information on members of Congress, and judges , to “extort” (his word) them into supporting “audits” aimed at overturning the 2020 Presidential election. He also claims this group explicitly endorses “domestic terrorism” (again his words) to achieve these goals. You can view Stern’s full press conference here.”

9 Likes