Elections 2021 and 2022

I really hope he is right. I feel very anxious about the election.

This sounds goodish? Maybe all the GOP mail-in ppl will forget to mail it in after waiting because trump told them to

Mail ballots were down sharply. So far, in the top 30 counties, 201,919 people have voted by mail. At this point in 2018, 324,840 people had returned their mail ballot. And Ryan said his analysis shows that mail voters so far are more Democratic-leaning than Republican-leaning, a reversal from 2018 and prior midterms

8 Likes

Beau made a comment that has stuck with me. “This is not the most important election of our lifetime, 2016 was the most important election of our lifetime, and we failed. We did a little better in 2020, but not the landslide that was needed to send the message. We need to do better.”
I see it as we are trying desperately to make up for the 2016 debacle, and will be for decades to come. Until that shitstain is thoroughly and completely purged from our national psyche, we are in a predator and prey kind of race. They can try again and again, we can only lose once. If we do, it’s going to be really bad. Vote. Help others to vote. Encourage others to vote. Get engaged for the next cycle. It is not over.

16 Likes

Demi Lovato Pizza GIF

11 Likes

My kid in NYC is giving me daily updates on her mail-in ballot, which still hasn’t arrived. Why would a very red county in a very red state bust their butt to mail a ballot to a college student in NYC? I’ve told her to have the stamp ready and detailed what to do if she has to mail it on Tuesday to make sure it’s postmarked correctly.

12 Likes

18 Likes

Getting ballots to inmates in jails is also a huge issue. Delays at every step of the process

10 Likes

Arizona Governor’s Race - YouTube

4 Likes

I’ve been seeing her around.

she’s good!

6 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes

Yes, some women. Others who might tell say, their Fox News-watching husbands, one thing will then vote another way in the privacy of the voting booth.

14 Likes
7 Likes

And frankly, this is my problem with people who think they “know” the outcome Tuesday based on current polling. They may be right, or maybe not. But I think that far too often, it’s based on conventional wisdom, and maybe that’s just not good enough anymore for us to puzzle out what’s likely to happen. Maybe it never was…

13 Likes

I wish there was more in the media similar to these comments from Michael Moore on “The ReidOut” with Joy Reid (linked just before the 7 minute mark):

11 Likes
13 Likes

GOP, now anti-military? Or just worried that they aren’t going to get the votes they expect, because, well, anti-military.

15 Likes
15 Likes
16 Likes