Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

MoE makes these dead ties. And way too far out for them to mean much anyway. Keep in mind the international results recently, polls way overestimate fascist votes. It’s gonna be close regardless, but if this is as much of a bump as Il Douche is going to get from all the favorable publicity, I read this as he is doomed. We just need to make sure of that. The Taylor Swift index says he is trouble. (More folks searching Project 2025 than searching Taylor Swift, dontchaknow) Don’t let this worry you too much, it’s media looking to stir the pot for clicks.

17 Likes

Not worrying at all. Given the attack - it’s good news that it’s a tie.

12 Likes
6 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

13 Likes

Well that helps answer one of the questions that a lot of people have had:

If Biden were to make the decision to drop out and release his delegates to allow for an open convention (and there’s absolutely zero evidence that he’s open to the idea of doing that) then it would need to happen prior to the roll call vote, so a lot of folks have been wondering exactly when the roll call will take place.

1 Like

Yep. Any they had were long ago drummed out.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, we’ve all discussed that here many times before!

5 Likes

“We become totally unhinged”

So no change, then…

Depending on the state, the inherent bias in phone polls looks like 10-20%, based on comparison with actual results in 2020 and 2022, so that puts Biden well ahead. No complacency, but there might be room for, dare I say, some optimism?

10 Likes

Fwiw the bullet points seem to be how that list is presented on the WGN-TV website, but the platform (as posted by The American Presidency Project at UC Santa Barbara—here) has that list numbered 1-20. Fwiw it’s their list of twenty promises in the preamble of the document; the bulk of the document is written in sentences and paragraphs.

The thing that gets me is the intense amount of initial capitalization of words throughout… for example:

We commit to unleashing American Energy, reining in wasteful spending, cutting excessive Regulations, securing our Borders, and restoring Peace through Strength. Together, we will restore Prosperity, ensure Economic Security, and build a brighter future for American Workers and their families. Our dedication to these Policies will make America stronger, more resilient, and more prosperous than ever before.

The whole document is like that… It’s hard for me to explain why, but all that capitalization of words within paragraphs makes me uneasy.

7 Likes

It’s written for people who like to play with ciphers when they are high but who don’t know they like to play with ciphers when they are high.

6 Likes

That is a joke, but

You can always tell a good joke by the need to inform the audience they just heard one, maybe begging for laughs a little if there’s time.

That's The Joke

4 Likes

What’s the old canard? Everything before the but is a lie?

7 Likes

Yep (and so, it’s not a canard).

5 Likes

:rage:

12 Likes

The opportunistic ambition is palpable.

10 Likes

it’s such bs too. we think that biden might lose, so rather than support him and help him win, we’re going to try to make our fears a reality by undermining him and helping him lose

( and that’s even assuming everyone’s being honest about their motivations. and like you say, some are not )

15 Likes

And you can’t beat something with nothing. None of these people will tell you who they’re trying to push on us and how they can win.

But sure - depress the vote in the meantime is somehow a great plan!

15 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes

The debate didn’t move the polls, and even the attempted assassination didn’t move the general numbers, and yet they say that they have these numbers?

Anyone who knows polling want to comment? (I’d like to know how they polled those “especially energized” young people.)

13 Likes