Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

Trump, under fire for Israel comments, proposes fresh crackdown on Muslim immigrants - The Washington Post

I guess this should really go in Elections 2012 :smiley:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Itā€™s no surprise that the GOP, which veered sharply to the right during Donald Trumpā€™s presidency, would select Salem and Rumble as partners. But it is striking that NBC News would agree to link arms with such organizations.

Is it though? Isnā€™t that where Yaccarino came from? It seems like oblivious, feckless, codependency with extremist media is kind of NBCā€™s bread and butter to meā€¦

8 Likes

The satire writes itselfā€¦

the committeeā€™s treasurer, Taylor Swindle.

9 Likes

Formerly of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe?

8 Likes
4 Likes

WASHINGTON ā€• Mocked as old, feeble and bumbling by Republicans, Democratic President Joe Biden has now visited two active war zones in eight months ā€• two more than all the previous presidents combined.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Trump wouldnā€™t even visit a god damn cemetery dedicated to the war dead, much less an active war zoneā€¦

13 Likes
10 Likes
2 Likes
12 Likes
2 Likes

Pence on the lonely campaign trail in an Iowa pharmacy.

8 Likes

Itā€™s long past time for other Democratic Senators to join Fetterman in pushing for this guyā€™s expulsion from the Senate. What more are they waiting for? Heā€™s clearly not going to voluntarily resign and we canā€™t let him remain in office until the next election.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Texas early voting starts today.
I made my usual spreadsheet and will print to bring with me later this week. I was really unsure on prop 4. I couldnā€™t find any good numbers on how the property tax reduction would affect schools and if the amount offered by the state would offset enough. It also left out renters and seemed to open the door to the Texas lege making laws about the appraisal boards of large counties.
Add in that Abbot demanded this? I decided on no.

The judges thing- not being allowed to retire until 75 sucks and I donā€™t think I want the current crop of judges to be able to continue running and serve until age 79. Do the olds really need to keep power so long? Especially when so many are rightwing assholes here.

If you are a Texan, go vote. Spreadsheet attached if you are curious
voting (1).pdf (35.0 KB)

13 Likes

Donald Trump is the greatest threat American democracy has faced, which must be quite an insult to the Cheneys after all the effort Dick put in. :unamused:

8 Likes

To be fair, Dick was far more subtle in his attempt to subvert democracy, and heā€™s annoyed that someone is saying the quiet part so very outloud!

8 Likes