Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 2)

Fuck Elon Musk.

20 Likes

CNBC says over 1800 pages. A bunch of news teams are going to be burning the midnight oil (and canceling weekend plans) digging through for important details!

11 Likes

I was a little concerned about it dropping Friday and getting lost in Friday news, but it’s going to take long enough to go through that it looks like I needn’t have worried.

12 Likes

25 Likes

Not only is “a child could do it” an insult to hard-working Americans it’s also an implicit endorsement of child labor.

23 Likes
6 Likes

Remove Paywall link

6 Likes

:rage::rage::rage:

17 Likes
17 Likes

We’re all seeing this “too exhausted” reveal, aren’t we?

‘Exhausted’ Trump Can’t Make It Through Interview at Home

‘SCHLONGED’
The former president attempted to go “off the record” during the live interview when he asked the friendly host to end the sit-down early.

Kamala Harris: Trump Is Too ‘Exhausted’ to Be President

The vice president attacked him after a staffer reportedly said he was too worn out for interviews.

Donald Trump ‘Exhausted and Refusing Interviews’: Report

A campaign adviser suggested The Shade Report interview Waka Flocka Flame instead of Trump.

Trump cancels NRA speech and interviews with NBC and CNBC due to ‘scheduling conflicts’ — but goes on ‘Fox & Friends’ several interviews that Trump had scheduled this week were scrapped, including an interview with NBC and an appearance on CNBC’s Squawk Box.

And a sit-down with the Shade Room, a cultural website with a predominantly young Black audience that recently interviewed Harris, was reportedly nixed because, according to a Trump adviser, the Republican nominee was “exhausted.”

so… i’d rightfully be accused of being a deranged optimist to see this is a real deal killer - as in a lot of toxic masculinity trump voters end up not voting - wouldn’t i? (hmmm… [shrug])

14 Likes

It’s hard to know whether any recipient saw this and received a shock, fearing their Medicare was being cut off.

As someone who fields at least 2 calls a week from older freinds and family scared they were hacked or charged for an iPhone or afraid they’re going to be blackmailed for dirty pictures…

Yes, there were people freaking out and whoever sent them knows that.

Too bad once those people figure out it’s bogus they won’t get mad and dump him.

15 Likes

Well, if it weren’t for a siloed mindset that’s been broken by Tromp and MAGAts and such, I’d be optimistic about that too. But MAGAts have shown time and again and again that for them, nothing Tromp does makes him look bad. :person_shrugging:

11 Likes
16 Likes

This isn’t about a candidate, but about Ron DeSantis’s administration getting smacked upside the head (verbally) over ads about a ballot initiative.

The counsel who sent cease and desist letters to the stations resigned before the judge granted the restraining order.

14 Likes

North Carolina breaks turnout record on first day of early voting

The new mark came just days after Georgia far exceeded its first-day early voting total from 2020.

22 Likes

Let’s see if we can help “exhaust” him further.

Old and Exhausted

23 Likes

I always hear higher turnout means more Dem voters, so that’s great news!

13 Likes

Sure hope so… saw this tidbit in the article though

Michael Bitzer, a political science professor at North Carolina’s Catawba College, said early voting showed an equal number of Democrats and Republicans cast ballots on Thursday, a dramatic change from 2020, when more Democrats took advantage of early voting on the first day.

“There’s a great deal of interest in both sides of the aisle,” Bitzer said. “The great unknown is what are the unaffiliateds doing. We don’t have a good sense of where they may be landing in all of this.”

Fate seems determined to make this one a nail-biter to the very end.

10 Likes
17 Likes

@Mindysan33 's response to one of my onion posts is pretty much my view of this post.

16 Likes