Elections 2023 and 2024

I take some small comfort in the fact that the GOP struggles with creating good double agents. They just can’t hold in their conservative leanings, grifting, or GQP views long enough…

christopher lloyd eyes GIF

8 Likes

He is a Kennedy… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I wonder if Steve Bannon will be managing his campaign from prison?

8 Likes

Do It Love GIF by Abbey Luck

5 Likes

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

9 Likes

I have distinctly mixed feelings about Silver, but man, this has got to sting.

5 Likes

I get the feeling that folks are taking advantage of the super high profile firing of Tucks to can problematic staff more under the radar. Lemon, Rice, Silver. Who’s next? Better move fast before the dust settles.

6 Likes

There going to need a bigger basket.

6 Likes
4 Likes

If Manchin retires, there will be a rush to be the most MAGAt candidate, and that one will win. WV is very predictable in that, Manchin being the exception purely based on his family name and connections.

7 Likes

Between 2009 and 2019, West Virginian politicians aligned themselves with the interests of the coal industry to the substantial detriment of the citizens and economy of the state. Despite the undeniable low-carbon transformation that was occurring in the energy industry in the US during this period, state political leaders doubled down on coal. Rather than provide the leadership necessary to manage the transition of the state’s economic drivers away from fossil fuels, they largely blamed the demise of the coal industry on the federal government. At every turn, the interests of the coal industry were placed above the economic and environmental health of West Virginians. James Van Nostrand tells the story of why West Virginia now faces overwhelming obstacles to competing in the economic marketplace of the twenty-first century. The book serves as a warning of how a fair energy transition can be derailed by political failure.

Haven’t read it but WVa is clearly still in that trap that Manchin is perpetuating.

6 Likes

Come On Please GIF by NBA

5 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

low wattage

Yes, a dim bulb indeed. Which is likely a strength in the eyes of republican voters. :weary:

5 Likes

Some questionable takes here… I agree that the Democratic party needs to lean into their progressive wing… But I don’t agree about the changes to the primary order:

There was the decision to move the first Democratic presidential primary to South Carolina – a state widely seen as a place where the party machine has the best chance to control the outcome against insurgent candidates.

How does keeping the current focus on two heavily white states help, when the party is far more diverse than it used to be?

Though Marianne Williamson and Robert F Kennedy Jr, are promising primary challenges

Say What Amy Sedaris GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

no elected official in the party seems willing to vigorously support even the concept of a primary, much less run in one.

Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

It seems like Sirota is keen on ignoring results in favor of some nebulous right wing conspiracy theories about the inherent autocracy of the Democratic party elite. Is there a party leadership that might sometimes dismiss the rank and file - sure. True in any example of a large institution. Is it a problem we should adress? Sure… That’s not solved by throwing people like Williamson or Kennedy into a primary that no one wants or feels the need for.

7 Likes
7 Likes

8 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah the idea that either of those people would make a stronger Presidential candidate than Joe Biden is just so bonkers. Williamson has been forced out of some of her own charities and the closest she ever came to winning elected office was a fourth-place finish running for the House of Representatives in 2014. RFK Jr. is an anti-vax conspiracy nut who has no experience running for office at all.

There’s no way the Democratic Party comes off looking better by giving serious consideration to either of those people over Biden.

7 Likes