Elections 2023 and 2024

yeah, i mean if sixty is middle age - then we’re talking a 120 year lifespan. nice deal if you can have it, i guess.

7 Likes

19 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

General attacks on the prosecutions he’s facing in Washington, Florida and Georgia — familiar themes in Trump rallies and speeches — or superficial encounters with people involved in his cases are unlikely to raise prosecutors’ eyebrows. But legal experts say there are lines Trump could cross if he mentions codefendants or witnesses by name or has more substantive interactions with them. And even general remarks, whether scripted or extemporaneous, could present risks if they could be interpreted as pressure on witnesses against cooperation or an attempt to influence their future testimony.

“If he were to meet with them in a conference room or hotel room, then concerns arise that they are violating not only the letter of the order but also the spirit of it,” said Barbara McQuade, a former U.S. attorney from the Eastern District of Michigan. “With regard to a public speech, I think general comments about politically motivated prosecution probably would not cause any concern, but if Trump starts detailing his version of a cover story, then that could prompt prosecutors to argue that he has breached his terms of release.”

Violating release conditions can have an array of consequences, from facing tighter restrictions on his speech to being incarcerated while awaiting trial.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/13/trump-rnc-legal-risks-00167950

8 Likes

Trump attacked at podium in Butler PA?

Something seemed to have hit him on the right of the head. He went down, came back up.

Howard Dean says - we don’t know - but I suspect it was a gunshot that missed. He was in tv when this happened.

Edit:

Some coverage showing up.

LIVEUpdated

July 13, 2024, 6:35 p.m. ETJust Now

Just now

Live Election Updates: Trump Rushed Off Stage at Rally After What Sounded Like Shots

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/13/us/biden-trump-election

7 Likes

Holy shit, it looks like it grazed his head… oh fuck.

8 Likes

He looks like he’ll be fine.

Wonder what would have happened if he wasn’t- he hasn’t even picked a veep candidate yet.

I wonder if the right is still feeling comfortable with calls for violence?

9 Likes

Video with sound.

It sounds like several “shots”. TV law enforcement guy says if they were it could be returned fire or echoes.

6 Likes

MTG has the inside scoop, or not.

People at the rally are shot.

Possibly one fatality.

Pray for everyone involved!!!

Pray for President Trump!!!

May God have mercy on our enemies because we will NOT.

Someone just tried to ASSASSINATE President Trump.

The Democrats and the media are to blame for every drop of blood spilled today.

For years and years, they’ve demonized him and his supporters.

Today, someone finally tried to take out the leader of our America First and the greatest President of all time.

Watch the video, President Trump said “FIGHT,” SO WE WILL!!

9 Likes

Yeah, MTG…

Fx Networks Cooking GIF by The Bear

11 Likes

Trump speech interrupted by Secret Service | CNN Politics
laughing at that headline!
although this one would have been better:
Assassin’s bullet interrupted by bloviating fascist

5 Likes

Someone is really agitated.

Marge again.

LIARS!

These scumbags in the media are responsible for what happened today.

People were shot (potentially killed) and this is what they claimed happened.

8 Likes

Witness on tv says the shooter was in a tower - and there was another guy. Nothing confirmed.

Bottom of screen says that secret service says the “threat is contained”; whatever that means.

7 Likes

well this will be sure to calm him down, and everyone one else on the right. :confused:

8 Likes

TV. Local DA says that the person responsible for the attack is deceased.

There are others in the crowd that were shot.

6 Likes

just saw this. reporting 2 people, including “shooter” were dead.
wtf?

6 Likes

1 spectator dead - another in critical condition.

Shooter very dead.

7 Likes

and we know that the deceased was “the shooter”, how, exactly?

6 Likes

i wonder what chance there is he hit his head on the way down, rather than being struck by the bullet :thinking:

6 Likes