Elections 2023 and 2024

He clearly reaches for the side of his head before going down. It seems likely he was hit by something.

9 Likes

thought that, tooā€¦
but him reflexively grabbing his ear just before seems to negate that.

7 Likes

Welp, thatā€™s going to be his campaign photo from here on outā€¦

10 Likes

No, Marge. Trump and people like you who spend your waking hours working people into a frenzy with your message of violence and hate are to blame.

10 Likes

The pictures look pretty convincingā€¦

:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

The other people shot donā€™t seem at all close to Trump.

5 Likes

The usual suspects are already trying to spin this as a triumphant moment of badassery rather than a great time to pause for reflection. Itā€™s so fucking gross.

12 Likes

If - as reported- the shooter was in a nearby tower. Itā€™s a real failure to not have secured it. This is on a farm, right? Not too many towers nearby with a good line of sight.

7 Likes

statement from the president:

I have been briefed on the shooting at Donald Trumpā€™s rally in Pennsylvania.

Iā€™m grateful to hear that heā€™s safe and doing well. Iā€™m praying for him and his family and for all those who were at the rally, as we await further information.

Jill and I are grateful to the Secret Service for getting him to safety. Thereā€™s no place for this kind of violence in America. We must unite as one nation to condemn it.

14 Likes

seeā€¦ thatā€™s what a real president does.

11 Likes

Itā€™s probably a good idea for everyone to give some thought to their own safety after this. Itā€™s likely to agitate the far right. Well, agitate even more.

13 Likes

If anyone is responsible for what happened today itā€™s the people who work tirelessly to ensure that no one in America can be prevented from getting their hands on a firearm.

19 Likes

npr is now reporting that biden is pulling all his ads about ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . itā€™s sort of the right thing to do, but iā€™m fearing the dems and the media are going to be criticism free all through the gop convention

13 Likes

goddamnitā€¦ @#$!!!
(dailybeast)

14 Likes

Yeah as a PR move ā€œattempted assassinationā€ is a huge gift to the Trump campaign. Heā€™s going to milk it harder than Teddy Roosevelt did with the bloody shirt speech.

Got I hate whatever fucking nimrod is responsible for this.

18 Likes

What I saw in the video of him pumping his fist was a weak old man. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

the dems are all ā€œletā€™s unifyā€ and the gop is ā€œviolent rhetoric by democrats about the end of democracy is to blameā€

9 Likes

ā€œblood coming out of his whateverā€

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Unfortunately that doesnā€™t matter. If Trumpā€™s mugshot can become a heroic image of strength and defiance, so can this.

5 Likes

Pumping his tiny fists!

3 Likes