Elections 2023 and 2024

I’m fairly certain that bullet had been 2 inches to the right there would have been massive political violence to follow. I think we’re all lucky it wasn’t. But I wonder if the shooter knew and intended that (edit for clarification: intended for widespread political violence. Trump being killed seems like a pretty straightforward way to accomplish this). Boogaloos are a thing.

7 Likes

Thank goodness he wasn’t some other ethnicity or the MAGA freaks would literally be murdering immigrants or minorities right now in response.

Small comforts and all that.

13 Likes

From that distance, using an AR type rifle, that was a pretty damn good shot. To trust that your guy would be accurate enough to hit his ear and not his head is some serious conspiracy theory shit. Thrn give up his own life for the scam? Nah, it was a real assassination attempt that damn near succeeded, and i suspect we are better iff that it did not.

19 Likes

His aim doesn’t argue for that level of skill.

6 Likes

No, I think he intended to hit him in the head. And I wonder if he was trying to induce massive political violence.

8 Likes

7 Likes

At the Republican convention starting tomorrow - will they be denouncing violence and violent rhetoric or double down on their usual?

Odds are they’ll try to do both so they can point to whatever is convenient going forward.

13 Likes

It is difficult to imagine a suddenly chastened Tromp. :grimacing:

9 Likes

I wonder how many delegates will be wearing their AR-15 pins tomorrow.

14 Likes

Oh, there’s no irony there: this was a government plot.

5 Likes

Look - Putin can’t be everywhere.

10 Likes

It’s all the fault of the violence-loving media and the violence-loving Biden:

“There’s no figure in American history, at least in the modern era, maybe since Lincoln, who’s been so vilified and really persecuted by the media, Hollywood elites, political figures, you know, even the legal system,” Johnson told “TODAY” show hosts Savannah Guthrie and Willie Geist on Sunday.

He added that “when the message goes out constantly that the election of Donald Trump would be a threat to democracy, that the republic would end, I mean it, it heats up the environment.”

The left now has even less permission to call out Tromp as the violent, criminal, rapist Nazi that he is.

17 Likes
20 Likes

Yeah. Fuck that noise and carry on.

9 Likes

11 Likes
13 Likes

That’s how I read his reaction, in shock.

Sigh GIF by The Roku Channel

5 Likes

theo_moudakis_oh_shut_up

15 Likes

That idiot needs to look at how many assassination attempts there were against Obama. And how his people vilified Obama.

12 Likes

My suspicion? “I told you they were violent! We need to take them out before they take us out!” And never, ever mention this was a Republican who fired the shots.

12 Likes