Elections 2023 and 2024

Who gets it? Who gives it? :laughing:

Coca Cola Coke GIF by LIMESODA Interactive Marketing GmbH

5 Likes

Both ways!

Happy Summer GIF by The Coca-Cola Company South East Africa

5 Likes

Journalists will not have access to the new misinformation tracking tool, the Meta Content Library. The change is happening 12 weeks prior to the election.

8 Likes

Source

A journo working for iHeartMedia is doing their job! Whatever next?

It reminds me of a Worldcon report I once read about Finns attending a Scientologist party. As far as I remember, they drank all the booze and claimed they didnā€™t speak English.

9 Likes

Fuck, this is going to happen whether we like it or not, isnā€™t itā€¦

12 Likes

Whoever is behind the campaign to oust Biden wants it to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

8 Likes

Probably the same people who really wanted him to be the nominee in 2020.

4 Likes

Itā€™s bad enough that we have a frail older man but the one advantage Biden has/had is that there isnā€™t really much else they can throw at him now. Everyone else has infinitely untapped bullshit that can be used to minimize Trumpā€™s coup while it is happening.

10 Likes

I need to write to him asking him to stay in the race- and my reasons why. He can probably use the support right now. And use those letters to fight back.

13 Likes
11 Likes

Judge Aileen Cannonā€™s decision Monday to dismiss the classified documents criminal case against Donald Trump is not merely spurious jurisprudence or an example of incompetence.

In any other country, we would recognize Cannonā€™s actionsā€”dismissing a major criminal case against a presidential candidate on the first day of his partyā€™s conventionā€”to be part of an ongoing constitutional coup. Even more so if that judge had been placed on the court by the defendant after he had lost his re-election bid (and before he incited an attempted insurrection, for which three of his appointments to the Supreme Court immunized him from prosecution two weeks agoā€¦ but I digress.)

13 Likes

It was never going to be up to us. It comes down to ā€˜expertsā€™, their dubious polls, and the emotions running on both sides in ā€œsmokyā€ rooms. Just hoping hard that thereā€™s a helluva lot of ā€œIā€™ll get out and vote for the Democrat, no matter who it is rather than see trump destroy the nation.ā€ ā€¦rather than too many who sulk it out over the likely haphazard injustice of the choice.
-sigh-/[anxiety growing]

10 Likes

Anything beyond this help Il Douche. Vote blue no matter who. It is the only way.

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

14 Likes

Awh, heā€™ll have to wait until Tuesday, November 5, 2024 for his ass whuppinā€™.

6 Likes

Ngoā€™s description of Evans is pure projection. Just replace ā€œantifaā€ with Proud Boys and he wrote his own resume.

8 Likes

I was just coming to post thatā€¦

:rage:

10 Likes

Iā€™m of the opinion that heā€™s over being confrontational about it, as that doesnā€™t help, but I donā€™t think heā€™s changed his mind.

8 Likes

If I were POTUS and having to deal with this ā€œDonā€™t you think she looks tiredā€ shit all day - first from the press, then from pundits or celebs, and now from an increasing number of prominent people in my own partyā€¦I would be livid.

Joe Biden GIF by Creative Courage

I thought the goal was to raise the blood pressure of TFG guy, not Biden. Apparently, we need a new list of pols who need to find something else to do next year if theyā€™re not Ridenā€™ with Biden:

Biden2020 GIF by WiperTags Wiper Covers

12 Likes

Thereā€™s probably no way for anyone on the outside to know what heā€™s thinking. Itā€™s been pointed out that whether or not heā€™s considering dropping out (for whatever reason) he would absolutely need to avoid giving even the slightest hint that heā€™s thinking about dropping out, because once he admits heā€™s considering it then thereā€™s no way to come back from that.

8 Likes

Iā€™m really hoping that if it does happen, it wonā€™t hurt the new candidateā€™s chances. In the circles I run in, people are mostly against Biden dropping outā€¦ but at the same time, absolutely zero of them would fail to vote for whoever might replace him. Biden dropping out may be unjust, but is anybody really so passionate about Biden specifically that they wouldnā€™t vote for the Democrat, no matter who it is?

I donā€™t know what to think. Any Democrats who wouldnā€™t vote for Biden arenā€™t rational, because no matter what their problem with him is, letting Trump win isnā€™t gonna make it better. The whole point of replacing Biden would be to win back their votes, but if theyā€™re not acting in a logical manner to begin with, I canā€™t put myself inside their heads and try to predict who they would vote for.

9 Likes