Elections 2023 and 2024

Nick Mark, an intensivist in Seattle, said that he was frustrated more information was not being released or reported by the media.

“Did he have a head CT? What did it show? Did he have stitches? Tetanus shot?,” Mark asked Tuesday in a post on X.

Speaking with STAT, Mark said that he didn’t want to fearmonger and that the wound could be minimal. That said, “I’d want to know as a doctor that the person running for the highest office hasn’t been cognitively impaired by a high velocity bullet.”

“There’s been so much attention rightfully given to President Biden’s health, and almost nothing about this,” Mark said. “It’s frustrating.”

10 Likes

I think this is exactly right. You lose no votes by replacing Biden with any other candidate. So, how to you siphon off some Trump voters?
By putting in a candidate who is going to be much more attractive to corporate interests.

I think Biden has been much more progressive than expected, and neither the billionaires nor their media like it.

6 Likes

I can think of weaker candidate’s, but i agree with the rest.

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

17 Likes

it is BEYOND malpractice that Democrats are spending the week of the Republican National Convention campaigning against their own nominee instead of the fascist GOP opponent.

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

16 Likes

Goddamit, et tu, Jamie?

8 Likes

It’s also really pissing me off that Nancy Pelosi is in on this, when she’s two fucking years older than Biden and she’s running for re-election! I swear to God these asshole want to lose.

15 Likes

Yeah, but see, she left the speaker position, so that’s different… /s

8 Likes

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

9 Likes

ETA

5 Likes

Well now that there’s a lifelong lawless dictatorship over a massive military power they can grab…

3 Likes

16 Likes

ETA:

7 Likes

Forget the lack of decorum or respect regarding the dignified return of military coffins…there’s also the point that

In his three-and-a-half years as president, Biden has gone to Dover twice, but that’s because there have been only two dignified returns since he took office in 2021—that is, there have been just two instances when U.S. service members have been killed in battle.

Those 16 were the only Americans killed in battle during Biden’s presidency so far—a quarter the number killed during Trump’s.

11 Likes

11 Likes
1 Like

That was so disgusting to watch. The Afghanistan withdrawal was Trump’s fault; he negotiated it, Biden was honoring the deal he made. I’m glad Biden finally got us out of there. There was no path to “victory” and the only thing to look forward to was more years of wasted money and lives for the same outcome we ended up with.

Trump has shown time and time again a contempt and disgust for the military unless he can use it for political points. He certainly didn’t meet with those families out of kindness. He did it because he knew he could use it to score points.

13 Likes

and there really wasn’t much of a choice at that point. the afghanistan army was already splintering due to the deal ( eta: gift ) ■■■■■ gave to the taliban. and there weren’t enough us troops left to do anything about it

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership

9 Likes

At one point she says:

posturing for polls

That’s interesting… :thinking:

8 Likes
1 Like

i think that makes sense. if someone’s being polled, they might exaggerate to make a point.

if i were asked something like “will ■■■■■ be the end of democracy?” because i think that’s a real risk, maybe i might say “without a doubt.”

and people who are ■■■■■ trending might be even more prone to that kind of hyperbole

i do like her proposed question to gop and dem leaders about the election: not, “will you accept the result of the election?” but, “do you condone violence if the election doesn’t go your way?”

9 Likes