Elections 2023 and 2024

They don’t have any interest in that, so it’s a feature, not a bug. They want to rule and enrich themselves. They don’t give two shits about driving the world straight into hell, which is what is going to happen if they get elected.

6 Likes

And billionaires and the media-industrial complex are trying to recruit the old GOP to replace the Democratic nominee that we voted for in the primaries…

3 Likes

I think that we’re talking at cross-purposes. You’re talking about the economy and I’m talking about the survival of the Trump administration, or perhaps we should say the Trump régime.

It’s the same thing. The combination of a fascist authoritarian government and economic collapse means the whole country collapses. So I guess T**** et al would still nominally be in charge but they’d be ruling over ashes.

Here’s a small facet of what I mean. The US spends $15M/year to fend off screw worm from North America, creating a functional biological barrier in Panama. This is the kind of science-based program a T**** administration would defund. First, it would collapse the ranching and dairy industries, but it would also cause widespread disease and death to humans and pets.

There are hundreds of programs like this that are run by the federal government.

It might take a decade for the 4 horsemen to destroy the country, but it would happen.

4 Likes

That’s fine if you only care about power. See Kim Jong Il, Robert Mugabe, Bashar al-Assad, etc.

Not to put words in @DukeTrout’s mouth, but I think he’s saying that yes, they are perfectly willing to drive the country off the rails in seeking power. Trump is not much different from those men. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Perfectly willing!? It is necessary to their plan. Like Trump and the Heritage foundation cannot create what they want without ending the current economy completely and rerouting the global supply chain of food.

The plan is just to end the US and let the world burn so that a few of them can have slaves of one type or another.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

I can only hope this was his call and not due to pressure from the opportunistic idiots and media. I doubt we will ever know.

Now the question is, are they truly going to scuttle the entire election or is Harris the new nominee?

10 Likes

Well good luck folks. Good luck with the infighting. Good luck with the gaslighting. And Good luck with whomever Xfinity and Clarence Thomas put in place to rule for the rest of our natural lives and the lives of our grandchildren.

And as always I want to thank my fearless leader Trump and the brave Christian soldiers of Putin’s free Russia in the War of Ukraine’s Aggression! And I want to thank the Democratic party for allowing this bloodless and entirely justified coup to finally make our new country a reality!

10 Likes

What the goddamn everloving fuck.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Fuuuuck

10 Likes

I think we’re officially off the map here…

19 Likes

Fucking CNN. There isn’t a scramble. The only option is Harris.

6 Likes

CNN — President Joe Biden says he is not seeking reelection in a letter posted to X on his official account. Biden says he will speak to the nation later this week in more detail.

Thomson Reuters · Biden, in a post on X, said he will remain in his role as president and commander-in-chief until his term ends in January 2025 and will address the nation this week.

Is there any confirmation yet that isn’t through Muskspace?

5 Likes

How many are we up to now?

Tired Wake Up GIF by Veep HBO

7 Likes

Well, are those a holes gonna take credit when this backfires?

The one thing I always thought the democrats had over the republicans was they stood together for the important stuff.

In addition to the democrats doing their best to get trump elected you have the republicans arguing Biden can’t drop out.

Ain’t this gonna be fun?

House Speaker Mike Johnson reiterated Sunday that any attempt by Democrats to sub in a new candidate in place of President Joe Biden is likely to be met by legal challenges.

Speaking on ABC’s “This Week,” Johnson said, “Every state has its own system, and in some of these, it’s not possible to simply just switch out a candidate.”

6 Likes

Considering that he has not actually been nominated yet, that would be a stretch. You can bet on they will play up filing deadlines, though.

3 Likes

I’ve lost count…

ezgif-7-27076eba2e

6 Likes