Elections 2023 and 2024

[ETA]

14 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/04/rfk-jr-2024-election-harris-trump

RFK Jr. struggles in upended 2024 race

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was once seen as a major X factor in the 2024 election, but now he’s struggling to find his footing.

Why it matters: Kennedy had a rare opportunity when chaos over President Biden’s candidacy paralyzed the party. But Kennedy’s poll numbers appear to be falling, his cash is dwindling and he’s slowed his schedule.

Hopefully his 15 minutes is up.

19 Likes

a few thousand white people, and all falling asleep?

■■■■■ didn’t blame himself, his hateful rhetoric nor his rambling speech, and not the hour long gap between his speech and vance’s.

no, it was the university administration, out to get him.

21 Likes

Some audience members were seen sleeping.

ASMR = Assholes Say Mish-mash Rambles.

7 Likes

Not looking good for ole BTK, Jr.

12 Likes

Who could possibly have forseen this potential problem?

The “exposing all the necessary data to nuke someone else’s registration” part is a nice touch, I think.

17 Likes

What’s sauce for the goose…

11 Likes

If Trump wins in November, Lighthizer is poised to pursue an even more disruptive set of policies next year, one that is already raising alarms in foreign capitals, on Wall Street and among many economists.

According to four former Trump officials, granted anonymity to speak about sensitive personnel issues, Lighthizer is a candidate for a number of senior roles in a second Trump administration, from Treasury or Commerce secretary to a second turn as USTR, or as an economic adviser or even White House chief of staff. His profile rose further last month with the selection of Ohio Sen. JD Vance as Trump’s running mate, a committed protectionist who aligns with Lighthizer ideologically.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/04/robert-lighthizer-trump-adviser-trade-00172530

14 Likes
12 Likes

While I still think it’s an utter shame that Biden was bullied into dropping out, it’s hard to argue with the massive enthusiasm and momentum behind Harris. Her campaign is doing an amazing job and I’m feeling more hopeful than ever that Trump will indeed lose in November.

24 Likes

yet, we must not become complacent (as we all know, yes). we still have to go out and vote! every last one of “us” (you know what i mean) has to put our own nail into the MAGAt coffin and bury that fascist movement in a landslide of overwhelming numbers that cannot be denied.

19 Likes

It’s beautiful that Trump is so obsessed with taking petty revenge on Republican governor Brian Kemp for failing to support Trump’s coup attempt that he may well cost Republicans the whole state.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/03/trump-brian-kemp-georgia-00172564

18 Likes

18 Likes

There’s a whole lot to unpack there, in every single part of that anecdote, and it’s much harder when you don’t want to touch any of it in case some gets on you.

Season 3 What GIF by The Lonely Island

12 Likes
8 Likes

Was that how he got the brainworms?

11 Likes

Indeed!

13 Likes

This quote is so bonkers:

“And the bear was in my car, and I didn’t want to leave the bear in the car because that would have been bad,” he said. “So, then I thought you know at that time this was the little bit of the redneck me. There’d been a series of bicycle accidents in New York they had just put in the bike lanes and so a couple of people were getting killed and it was every day and people badly injured every day it was in the press.”

First off, he was basically the scion of American royalty so it’s stupid to identify himself as a “redneck.”

Second, there is no way in hell that people were getting killed by cyclists on a daily basis or that the addition of bike lanes made the city more dangerous.

Third, the fact that he’d misrepresent an animal death from a car (which really do cause fatal accidents all the time) to demonize cyclists is just infuriating on so many levels. Why not go the extra mile and blame an unpopular minority while you’re at it? Asshole.

16 Likes

Which branch of the Kennedy family were considered the rednecks?

8 Likes

All the Democrats in GA…

Dungeons And Dragons Love GIF by Hyper RPG

There does seem to be some low-level civil war happening in the GA GOP…

15 Likes