Elections 2023 and 2024

It was Trump who moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. It was Trump who recognised Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights. It was the Trump administration (in the person of Jared Kushner) that initiated the Abraham Accords, an open alliance between Israel and sundry Arab autocracies disguised as a brave peace agreement.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Harris Veep announcement coming this morning- decision made.

12 Likes

CNN, at least, is claiming it’s Tim Walz.

Harris picks Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate | CNN Politics

11 Likes

No bad choices remained, yet Walz certainly is the more exuberantly amusing/glib, plus there’s an older appearing white guy on the ticket complementarity preserving factor.

7 Likes

I have no opinion about him - I know nothing about him. But if you were trying to show a younger ticket- not sure that helps.

But I’ll say he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

7 Likes

He’s apparently relatively progressive. I’m glad Harris picked him over Shapiro.

19 Likes

He did come up with that one weird trick.

23 Likes

Good. Running to the center is exactly the wrong choice in this election.

Edit:

He signed executive orders preserving access to health care for trans youth & made Minnesota an LGBTQ refuge state.

I like him already.

24 Likes

I was cheering for Buttigieg, but at least Walz is not Shapiro, and I am good with that. Plus, good progressive cred is a huge plus. Bonus for coining the “weird” meme that seems to be getting under the fascist skin right now.

20 Likes

J.D. Vance will be in Philly today to try and counter program the Kamala Harris Veep announcement huge event at Temple University.

He’ll be at the 2300 Areana (a smaller venue that can seat up to 2,000 depending on configuration).

2300 is also hosting male strippers and drag queens. That’s going to really piss off the performers.

17 Likes

If Tromp’s too chicken, they need to have a Veep debate.

10 Likes

Michigan is also investigating.

“North Carolina law makes it a crime for someone to fail to submit a voter’s registration form if that person has told a voter that they would be submitting the voter’s registration form,” the board’s spokesman, Patrick Gannon, told CNBC.

The new inquiries and a similar one announced Sunday by Michigan’s secretary of state’s office follow a report by CNBC that Musk’s America PAC was asking website users in battleground states for personal data — such as ZIP code, full address and a phone number — under the pretext of helping them register to vote without doing so.

In contrast, users of America PAC’s site in states that are not considered competitive in the 2024 election were directed to voter registration pages for their state.

20 Likes

“Lock him up!”

19 Likes

I really liked the word “shambolic”.

15 Likes

The presidential candidate most likely to turn into a brain worm zombie.

13 Likes

Brain worms, mercury poisoning- his poor brain probably looks like Swiss cheese.

Anyone know what part of his brain got eaten by the worm? Frontal lobe?

10 Likes

Based on a detailed neurotrophic analysis of his behavior and micro movements, I think the part of his brain that the worms ate is the brain part.

20 Likes

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

For @DukeTrout

13 Likes

8 Likes