Elections 2023 and 2024

I scanned through it but it’s 2 hours of the same old same old.

The big take away was his lisp.

In an emailed response to an inquiry about the lisp from a Huffington Post reporter, the Trump campaign said, “Must be your s****y hearing. Get your ears checked.”

10 Likes

Thanks for posting that! I just ordered 200 postcards from Progressive Turnout Project.

It may take up to 4 weeks to receive orders for 500 or fewer postcards, and then we have until October to write them, add our own postage, and mail them on a specified day. So that should give me at least a couple of weeks, which seems perfectly doable.

200 (their minimum order) doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but at $.56 postage per card, that comes to $112, and that’s the $ amount I felt comfortable committing (especially as a first time for me doing it). Spread it around, right?

This seems like a great way for an introvert to contribute, to help get out the vote :smiley:

ETA: IIUC, with the other org you linked to, one could do a smaller number of cards if one wished. They have a different process for working with their org.

12 Likes
15 Likes

Repopulating the planet?

He must mean Mars.

18 Likes

He means with the white kind of people.

#racist, #fascist, #dipshit to put it in xitter-speak.

19 Likes
12 Likes

daily-beast link

Trump Hints He’ll Flee to Venezuela If He Loses the Election: ‘Far Safer’

GET OUTTA DODGE

The former president invited Elon Musk to join him in the South American country.

Dan Ladden-Hall

Donald Trump on Monday appeared to suggest he’d flee to Venezuela if he loses the election.

“If something happens with this election, which would be a horror show, we’ll meet the next time in Venezuela,” Trump told Elon Musk during their X interview.

Trump explained the South American nation—where at least 23 people have been killed in recent violent crackdowns on political protests—will be “a far safer place to meet than our country.”

alas too much to hope that he’ll actually do that (apologies to Venezuelans in general)

15 Likes

Bye GIF by MOODMAN

15 Likes

Minnesota primaries today!

23 Likes

If he’s discussing his plans to flee the country in a public forum, shouldn’t his bond be revoked?

23 Likes

While these possible reasons for his drift toward fascism might play a part, the hard truth is that he has been attracted to it because he is a narcissistic, controlling, abusive, racist, misogynist asshat. That people not like him seem to claim to be his equal (horrors, clutches pearls) is more than his fragile ego can handle. Of course, no one worth their salt wants to be his equal, because that would be a huge step down for most of us, unless you only consider personal worth in financial terms. In any other sense, he is what makes the slimy things that live under rotten logs go, “Blech! Gross!”

16 Likes

[ETA]

17 Likes

Credit where due:

13 Likes

These have started popping up around us. There’s also a few about fentanyl.

The other side of one of them said republican run countries equal borders, democrat run countries equal no borders.

The other side of the other one said Kamala in charge of California no jail form criminals.

I don’t understand the first sign.

17 Likes

Film Festival GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

15 Likes

I should also say we went to Fashionable Ferndale and Royal Oak MI today, two very liberal suburbs just outside of Detroit, there were lots off Harris/Walz signs on people’s lawn.

We like those neighborhoods, ours not so much.

13 Likes

I snagged this from last night’s Colbert, I love it:

19 Likes

I assume someone is still obsessed with that Fox News narrative about Democrats/BLM/Antifa “burning down entire cities!” during the 2020 protests following the murder of George Floyd? Not that the kind of people who post these signs are ever likely to visit the cities they claim Democrats have ruined.

16 Likes

Funny you should mention that.

18 Likes

This one made me LOL:

:rofl:

14 Likes