Elections 2023 and 2024

The only word the right will see is “guilty”.

But yes, hardly the corruption they fantasized about.

7 Likes

Yabbut 2A?

8 Likes

“The gun charge states that Hunter Biden possessed a handgun, a Colt Cobra 38 special, despite knowing he was a drug user for 11 days in October 2018. The count carries a maximum sentence of up to 10 years in prison, but the Justice Department says Hunter Biden has reached a pretrial agreement on that charge. Full details were not immediately available.”

Revanewrs & gun grabbers.

10 Likes

It’ll be great seeing Republicans support gun restrictions for once.

4 Likes

Just a reminder to anyone in VA, our off-off year elections are this year, and the stakes are incredibly high. Make sure you are registered, get out to vote and assist others in getting to the polls. This is not a drill. If Youngkin gets a fascist majority, he will do to VA what Abbot and MoRon have done to TX and FL. Do not think it could not happen here!

Desus And Mero Bernie 2020 GIF by Bernie Sanders

6 Likes

Republicans: AHA! We KNEW Hunter Biden was guilty of something! Now he shall pay the price for his crimes!

Democrats: (Shrug) Okay.

Republicans: Now you see how it feels when one of YOUR guys has to face the justice system!

Democrats: Again, whatever. He’s not even really “our guy” anyway; it’s not like we elected him to office or his dad appointed him to a position in the administration or anything. If he committed some kind of crime then he should go ahead and take responsibility for it.

Republicans: You ruins it!!

10 Likes

He’s about to become the darling of the Right in 3…2…1…

ETA: Here ya go, @anon33932455

Coca Cola Coke GIF

10 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

8 Likes

I know, right?

Sometimes the GIF gods smile down on us.

10 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I voted this PM and it was a ghost town at the polls. Disconcerting.

7 Likes

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4060056-gallup-finds-new-high-in-voters-who-say-theyll-only-vote-for-candidate-who-agrees-with-them-on-abortion/

Gallup’s latest poll released Wednesday found a new high in the number of voters who say they will only back a candidate who agrees with their own personal opinion on abortion — another sign of the issue’s rising importance for some voters.

Which is why the gQp has gone quiet in that matter.

10 Likes

@docosc , generally good news from yesterday? I see this:

Perhaps the biggest upset of the night came in Fairfax County, where Sen. Chap Petersen, a Democrat with a contrarian streak who partnered with Republicans to end mask mandates in schools, lost his reelection bid 54% to 46%.
He was bested by Saddam Azlan Salim, a first-generation immigrant from Bangladesh who emphasized affordable housing.

and

For Democrats, Morrissey’s loss to former Del. Lachrecse Aird in Petersburg suggests abortion continues to motivate voters — something party leaders are counting on heading into November.
Aird put the issue front and center in her campaign, frequently reminding voters not of Morrissey’s many scandals, but of his past support for abortion restrictions as a self-described “pro-life Democrat.”

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/21/virginia-primaries-results-general-assembly

6 Likes

So far so good. I am much more worried about the general, with Youngkin showing a level of popularity that leaves me gobsmacked. I write it off as his surfing on (and claiming credit for) the surge in the economy that Biden brought with him. If abortion can be made the central issue, we may be OK, as he has been very public about “ending all abortion in VA.” Just need to keep control in the legislature so he cannot get his agenda through. Really good news though:

Republican Sen. Amanda Chase, a right-wing firebrand who has served in the Senate since 2016 and embraced falsehoods about the 2020 presidential election, was edged out by Glen Sturtevant, a lawyer and former senator seeking a political comeback in the red-leaning suburban Richmond district.

Good riddance to old trash!

10 Likes

He is still hated in NoVa. :wink:

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Or - she’s a groupie.

10 Likes

Short dark hair…she’s not his type.

7 Likes