Elections 2023 and 2024

My dream is the GOP dies. The Democrats split into conservative and progressive. We leave MAGA and any GOP who cannot integrate into the conservative Democratic party as a fringe third party

8 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Gotta say, even though I do express hope, and often with that word, I never cared for it as part of a political slogan. In that context, to me it implies waiting for someone else to make change happen.

4 Likes

Hope is just the opposite of despair. If there is no hope, people curl up and accept whatever shit is fed them. Part of why TX snd FL stay red is too many Dem voters have lost hope of changing it and don’t jump through the hoops to get their votes counted. Hope is not sufficient, but it is necessary.

10 Likes

Of course. As I said, it bothers me in a political context, especially when used politicians.

Anyway, :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Dying Laughing Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

13 Likes

…which means they have an idea of how they can exploit it to their advantage. They don’t gain from higher voter participation unless they get to choose the voters.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Like this?

They’ve made it clear they need the authority to disqualify voters, throw votes out/declare them invalid, stop the count if it looks like they will lose, and control the certification of elections. They aren’t being subtle about their plans to lie, cheat, and steal. That AP headline is terrible, because it presumes a) they believe there is a line the GOP won’t cross, and b) that election deniers in that party have integrity or the ability to foster it.

4 Likes

IMG_8739

4 Likes
3 Likes

Cornel West proves he’s an idiot more interested in attention and appearances, than actually advancing progressive causes or fighting the fascists.

Third-party candidates are almost always pointless in the current US elections. In the presidential election, they are actively harmful to whichever of the two big parties is closer to their beliefs.

1 Like
3 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

OTOH - there may have been way too much lead in the groundwater at Hyannisport.

3 Likes

Richard Attenborough No GIF by Jurassic World

RFK jr is on my very short list of people i seriously hate. He has made my life far more difficult for decades. He is walking talking Dunning Krueger.

14 Likes

Collective orgasm from the right forthcoming.

6 Likes

“Hunter Biden will plead guilty to two federal tax misdemeanors and one charge tied to gun possession, according to the filing in a federal court in Delaware. He will appear in court to plead guilty to the charges at a future date.”

Looks like his laptop got off Scott free.

These are hardly the corruption allegations they were making that somehow included his father.

12 Likes