Elections 2023 and 2024

CSPAN cut out DNC coverage at 10:00 pm central on the dot. They don’t mess around! People have bedtimes!

11 Likes
14 Likes

I’ll admit - I’m feeling that I might not make all of it.

12 Likes

Actually, I skipped around looking for the broadcast that had their news people just shutting the fuck up. I wanted to watch the convention in its entirety without listening to the pundits.

I thought PBS? Nope. MSNBC? God, no. They are as bad as the Olympics coverage (“Rachel, shut up, please!”). It ended up being CNN. No pundit droning on and over speakers and between speakers.

12 Likes

That’s good. I have PBS on in the other room, and once when I popped over David Brooks was droning about AOC not resonating with…I noped out. In the office I switched over to the youtube embed on demconvention.com, and it’s just the convention content like CSPAN had.

@KathyPartdeux
:tea: :teapot:

11 Likes

It looks like the DNC is streaming- someone said they show one ad at the beginning & then straight convention- no talking heads.

Might be good for the next days.

12 Likes

Now that is cancel culture.

12 Likes

Thank you, Joe!

12 Likes

Now I think he’s just fucking with us.

10 Likes

tenor-3337516764

Actually, I’m ok with it. Unsurpassed ability to alienate everyone.

10 Likes

Indeed! Thank you, Union Joe!

And congrats on making it to the end, @KathyPartdeux !

7 Likes

Gotta say, Biden sure didn’t sound like someone who had recently been ousted in an unconstitutional coup…

12 Likes

he kicked harris off the ticket though, right? and replaced her with himself? i was told that was absolutely going to happen /s

14 Likes

Here is the song Joe referenced at the end of his speech, for those who (like me) weren’t familiar with it. It certainly resonates with his character and his values.

10 Likes

To be entirely fair, here was the exchange:

“I don’t like Swiss cheese, either,” the Republican vice presidential nominee said through the window to several employees at the cheesesteak shop at 9th Street and Passyunk Avenue. “But everyone says it’s ‘insulting.’ Why do you guys hate it so much? What’s the story?”

A Pat’s employee can be heard replying to Vance saying: “We don’t hate it, we just don’t use it.”

I hate the guy, but that headline is rage bait. Vance ordered a whiz wit.

Also, Pat’s sucks. My question is why does that place get so much fucking attention? It’s awful!

13 Likes

It somehow does not surprise me, at all, that Vance hates Swiss cheese. He is a monster. Next we’re going to find out he hates pineapple or BBQ sauce.

8 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Swiss cheese. Actually, I’m pretty apathetic about all three foods you mentioned. I don’t hate them, though. Except on pizza. None of those belong on a pizza.

11 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/08/18/trump-campaign-nick-fuentes-groypers-hard-right-criticism/

6 Likes

shots fired GIF

10 Likes

Why does this guy have influence over anyone outside the incel crowd?

This may be the only thing Vance has said that I 100% agree with:

In an appearance that day on CBS, Trump’s running mate, Sen. JD Vance of Ohio, called Fuentes a “total loser”

14 Likes