Elections 2023 and 2024

14 Likes

God Damn It Season 1 Episode 9 GIF by On Becoming A God in Central Florida

13 Likes

Always the sad side-effect of protesting against the political side which maintains the capacity to listen to your protests resulting in promotion of the political side which doesn’t listen or care at all
-sigh-

11 Likes

Good for them. I don’t see a problem with demanding representation when your people are being genocided with weapons supplied by your government.

12 Likes

Agreed. They absolutely should have given the families of Palestinians a voice on the stage. It’s fucking shameful that the DNC did that.

14 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah I agree actually. I read the statement and personally what I think they are asking for is completely reasonable. Basically they are simply saying they can’t give support to the DNC if the DNC is not willing to let some one speak on behalf of Palestine.

As much as I hate the “burn our house down to save the world” thinking and everything that goes with it, I still see that as a reasonable request and refusing it does definitely send a message. There is still time too so basically they are just looking to be given an opportunity to have some one representing them speak for an equal amount of time to others and that is fair. Having to say so publicly is just kind of how it is because otherwise no one would care at all. Honestly it’s probably better if it happens that way.

I feel like ultimately if people give in to fear too much and refuse to even acknowledge the free speech of people elected to office in part because of their ability to voice opposition to what realistically everyone with a small amount of empathy even must acknowledge is a really bad status quo… then that moves us in the wrong direction.

9 Likes

Here is the youtube clip of Omar’s comments…

8 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

Do y’all think that Tipper is in attendance? :grimacing:

Anyway FAR better than Kid Rock!

And Stevie!

I think this was posted in another thread?

9 Likes

12 Likes
2 Likes

Tough shit, Nancy. Own it.

7 Likes

I flipped over to Fox in time to hear Brit Hume say…

Until recently it was common knowledge that Kamala Harris was widely regarded as a laughing stock.

I switched back to Match Game.

9 Likes

Cspan has commentator free coverage right now.

6 Likes

On Monday night they cut out (streaming from the C-SPAN website) at 10 pm central, right in the middle of Warnock’s speech. If you need a backup commentator-free source, the convention website is also streaming:

16 Likes

Oooh, oooh, do Tucker next!

2 Likes

Elizabeth Warren made the first couch joke of the night.

13 Likes

Yep, after @Mindysan33 's suggestion on Monday, I’ve been watching the feed all the way through to the final gavel. It’s been pure bliss!

ETA: oops! It was @KathyPartdeux who made the suggestion. Confused my GA sister with my PA sister! Hugs to both :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes