Elections 2023 and 2024

It’s only a misdemeanor but still.

12 Likes

I switched over to CSPAN last night because even PBS couldn’t shut the hell up. :woman_facepalming:

12 Likes

Wasn’t that just the cutest thing ever.

4 Likes

What’d we miss?

[ETA]

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Kerry Washington brought out Kamala’s two little greatnieces to teach everyone how to pronounce her name.

12 Likes

Oh, I’ll check that out later!

thanks again for watching it as it happens and letting us know about cool stuff like this!

8 Likes

I can’t vouch for this personally, but my friend inside the United Center at the moment just texted that both Beyonce and Taylor Swift are in the building. That will be a hell of a thing if it happens.

ETA: MISINFORMATION!!!1!

Made up for with an A+ speech.

11 Likes

shocked holy shit GIF

One of the guests on Stacey Abram’s podcast said that there was a rumor Beyonce was going to perform tonight…

11 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

Former Representative Adam Kinzinger just became the fifth Republican to give an impassioned speech at the DNC endorsing Harris over their own party’s nominee.

Meanwhile Trump is negotiating a job offer to buy the endorsement of Bobby Brainworms. So each side has its bipartisan contingent, I guess.

12 Likes

Here comes his play by play.

I’ll be doing a call in to Bret Baier and group after her Speech. They’d like to know what I thought of it — I will be very honest in my assessment!

Here she comes into the Arena!

We’ve assembled a small group of people, GREAT PATRIOTS ALL, and we’re currently watching her “puff piece.”

I’m getting ready to be fair but critical of Comrade Kamala Harris. My Play by Play will be on TRUTH Social, starting SOON!

10 Likes

No way I’d let this moment be ruined by watching TFG’s real-time take on it.

11 Likes

I don’t understand why so much of the Democratic Party’s airtime is being handed over to Republicans. Aren’t the Democrats supposed to be their opposition party???

(Yeah, I understand it shows lack of faith in/for the Trumpian wing of the GOP, but it’s still odd and kind of disquieting to me. IMHO, the Dems would be far better off moving Left instead of yet again chasing the “reasonable” right-wingers… )

Edit to add: I’m wondering if any of the coverage has mentioned the strategy. I’ve caught some of it here and there, but after a while my brain just won’t focus on it and I’ve got to take a break. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

9 Likes

Moron called into Fox

I just now learned that were being invaded from the north so I guess we need a wall up on the Canadian border

I think her speech was perfect, even Fox talking heads said it was a very good speech.

9 Likes

I hate to agree with Faux News, but yeah it was really damn good. I can’t imagine watching Harris tonight, then having to listen to TFG without my eyes rolling straight out of my head.

9 Likes

Fucking Scott Jennings on CNN tonight, “These American flags were sort of startling to me. Normally you guys are burning these things, but tonight you are waving them.”

He normally says pretty outrageous and ignorant shit, but this was something that made me stop what I was doing and say out loud, “what the fuck, Scott?”.

15 Likes

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

16 Likes

the representative from georgia in the clip mindysan posted explicitly calls that out. that she, as a palestinian american, and a long time party worker, and now elected representative got no floor time for her ( nor anyone else ) to call for an end to the war - but the gop gets plenty of time

it is rather messed up from that perspective

11 Likes

“Balanced journalism” (now where is my puke emoji)

6 Likes