Elections 2023 and 2024

14 Likes

He’s exactly the type of immigrant that Trump says he wants to revoke their citizenships. He was an illegal immigrant.

So he came here fraudulently.

18 Likes

But he’s the white kind of immigrant.

13 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree?

14 Likes

not-a-lawyer, but isn’t that suborning a felony? (“nahhh… she’s rich, or in close association with a rich person, so it’s …an official act, yeah that’s the ticket, ‘official’”)

10 Likes

The internet provides.

13 Likes

https://www.wvnstv.com/news/west-virginia-news/west-virginia-house-resolution-on-recognizing-presidential-election-turning-heads/

The resolution said the state wouldn’t recognize the election of a Democratic candidate if the Republican presidential or vice presidential candidate is “assassinated, seriously injured during an assassination attempt, incarcerated, defacto eliminated or barred from the ballot in any states, or is the subject of legal actions that preclude their effective campaigning.”

It also said if the West Virginia Attorney General or Secretary of State with the State Legislature “determine[d]” election fraud or interference was the reason the candidate got the majority in the Electoral College, they would not recognize the candidate’s election.

If it is determined that the “illegal or illicit elimination” of the Republican presidential or vice presidential candidate happened, or if election fraud or interference results “in the Constitutionally illegitimate selection of a President during the 2024 election cycle,” the Legislature will be called into a special session to “preserve the Freedom of our People,” according to the resolution.

12 Likes

Weird given his wife is an immigrant, and his running mate’s wife is a 1st generation child of immigrants.

14 Likes

And Trump is the son of an immigrant…

16 Likes

So basically, the West Virginia state government has decided to not have their electoral votes counted at all. None of those conditions are Constitutional. I’m not sure there is a way to resolve that if it hasn’t been allowed time to move through the court system except exclude the state from the electoral vote count.

14 Likes

Resolutions have zero power; they’re not enforceable.

9 Likes

… or maybe…

5 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

Yeah, legally entering countries was clearly very important to his ancestors, too…

:roll_eyes:

12 Likes

disgusted winona ryder GIF

Lead poisoning? No, I think it’s because we’re an overly cynical generation. We grew up in the 70s and 80s, so that shouldn’t surprise anyone that a not insignificant amount of us would lean hard into the politics of nihilism. We were subject to both a kind of benign neglect, but also greater surveillance because of stranger danger and satanic panic and punk panic… it was our generation that took punk rock and made it more political - both on the left and right (which morphed into the skinhead movement, which was conservative across the board, if not always outright racist)… We grew up believing that we’d have no help or support from the systems that seemed to have serve our parents and grandparents well enough.

There are lots of reasons why my generation might be more trumpy, but I don’t think “lead poisoning” is it…

Ugh… Now I’m depressing and hate my generation…

Kurt Cobain Nevermind GIF by Nirvana

17 Likes

As did Melania.

11 Likes

Just finished watching Harris and Walz interviewed (as is long tradition) on “60 minutes”. They did just fine, (in my biased estimation), despite some tedious questioning by Bill Bradley.

But the “crux of the biscuit” was trump initially agreed to be interviewed as well and then… wimped out. 60-minutes explained some of the back and forths, but never speculated as to why he backed out. Well, to me, and i’d like to think, many others, it is bloody obvious: he’s just not mentally capable of doing non utterly softball interviews anymore. Here’s hoping that this obvious failing will shift a couple of “Undecideds” but …pretty cynical about that now -sigh-

Late edit: it wasn’t “Bill Bradley” who interviewed Harris, it was Bill Whitaker …how aging/failing name memory of me. damn.

11 Likes

But there’s nothing cynical about the MAGA mindset. It’s naive and in its own way hopeful. Traditional conservatism is deeply cynical of course, but for MAGA it’s only the grifters that are, while the vast sea of suckers aren’t

9 Likes