Elections 2023 and 2024

Apparently targeting swing voters in these states. I hope the ads are more forceful in other areas.

8 Likes

As part of the GOPā€™s efforts to kneecap the power of the Democratic governor to make appointments, certain Republican appointees have simply refused to resign their positions at the end of their terms, meaning there was no vacancy to fill.

yikes. and the state supreme court upheld that. :confused:

one thing this - and articles about alabamaā€™s redistricting - fail to point out i think is how these undemocratic policies have already affected national politics. the gop wouldnā€™t have gotten a majority in the house if the last election maps had been fair, or even legal.

6 Likes
11 Likes

This is movement in the right direction.

10 Likes

That probably also goes in The Kids Are Alright!

8 Likes
2 Likes

Aimed at Huckabee, not you, obviously!

middle finger GIF

7 Likes
5 Likes

Thereā€™s a nice piece where Vivek says heā€™s provided his tax returns for 20 years - Medhi asks if itā€™s true he made $750,000 each year for two years back in 2008? He says yes - then points out that he accepted a Soros scholarship for those years for disadvantaged people - and he vilifies Soros & affirmative action?

9 Likes

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some hypocritical reason why itā€™s different when he did it or something.

One should note that this is Paul Soros, George Sorosā€™ older brother.

2 Likes

What is the hypocritical reason in your opinion?

4 Likes

Hmmm. If I had to guess, Iā€™d say ā€œI deserved it.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the hypocrisy is that he was rich and accepted a scholarship meant for poor people. And he also doesnā€™t believe that affirmative action should exist.

Thereā€™s no reason- heā€™s a grifter

6 Likes

Oh I thought you were asking what I thought his hypocritical reasoning might be.

Youā€™re absolutely right what the actual hypocrisy is.

4 Likes

At this point, all I can respond with is ā€œShit or get off the pot, you asshole.ā€ They keep threatening all-out war. Well, Meal Team 6, Bring it the fuck on! They can do stochastic terrorism pretty well. I donā€™t see them actually laying it on the line, though.

5 Likes

Slow news day, CNN?

4 Likes

Did they vote him out early or something?

Sounds suspicious

8 Likes

Scrolls downā€¦

-When did President Biden stop eating babies?
-What are the Bidensā€™ plans for world domination?
-Have the alien worms that live in President Bidenā€™s brain overstayed their welcome?

6 Likes

Yeah. The desperate baitiness is real.

ā€œWe did a poll thing, and guess what ā€“ BIDEN IS DdoooooOmmMEd!!ā€

7 Likes

itā€™s something to pay attention to especially because cnnā€™s polls have always been so accurate. /s

GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes