Elections 2023 and 2024

Unrelated, but I used to have a copy of this album, and it’s long since disappeared… I should rebuy it at some point.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Still relevant:

10 Likes

11 Likes

Let the games begin! I’m hoping for selection of a candidate in a way that doesn’t significantly reduce the number of Democrats in the House. Would love to see some in the GOP removed before the next election, too: :crossed_fingers:t4:

8 Likes
10 Likes

And remind me…which “tradition” was that one side fighting to continue? I can’t put my finger on it…

12 Likes

Good luck dude. Have a feeling this guy needs a vacation.

12 Likes

He deserves a vacation after the treatment, non-pharmaceutical treatment for clinical depression is hard.

10 Likes

The same “rights” the “State’s Rights” argument is very careful to not specify. I remember an argument with a guy insisting Lincoln was a thief for stealing the property of Southerners. “But what, exactly, was that property?”

crickets GIF

10 Likes

I recently learned that when the war ended, “The North” also seized 400,000 acres from enslavers, for the expressed purpose of fulfilling to freemen the 40 acres and a mule promise. Andrew Johnson, racist that he was, reneged on the promise. Worse yet, the land was given back to the former enslavers. :confused:

12 Likes

That Johnson was a real dick.

11 Likes

24% bigger than most people realize.

5 Likes

Can we have an election? Can we? Can we? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

4 Likes
7 Likes

tina fey eye roll GIF

8 Likes

Nothing to do with those bastards, but that is a great album.

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely.

3 Likes

Well, one only needs look to the country that got rid of slavery slightly earlier (and was responsible for it being a valid economic model) to understand what the proto-capitalists desired, and that was to be remunerated for their loss of earnings. The humans who were responsible for those earnings, were supposed to take the largesse, the gift of freedom, as their payment for having sacrificed everything a human being could hold dear for the profit of some assholes.

The UK paid off the debt incurred in 1852 for the slavery abolition act in… 2015? Still not one penny to the actual enslaved people.

10 Likes

She’s been spending time in South Carolina.

7 Likes