Elections 2023 and 2024

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

gee, i wonder why this might be: :confused:

Voting rights groups released a report after the municipal elections that found voters lacking qualifying IDs were treated differently depending on the county and sometimes failed to receive an exception form. The State Board of Elections approved rule changes in February to help address those concerns

apparently they’re also getting rid of the mail in grace period:

Republicans argue that everyone’s voting deadline should be the same and that people will get used to the earlier absentee ballot deadline

dear gop. how can everyone’s deadline be the same if mail in ballots have to be sent earlier? :face_with_head_bandage:

7 Likes

13 Likes

Just as intended… they want to use antivaxxer nonsense to defund public schools…

12 Likes

In addition, that ghoul and his minions don’t care about letting children die from completely preventable causes. They want to eliminate the offspring of poor “takers” who can’t afford private school. Whatever they can use to placate believers in their Great Replacement theory is considered to be a bonus. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

13 Likes

Haley took 63% of the GOP primary vote to 33% for Trump. Just over 2,000 D.C. Republicans cast ballots. Because Haley got more than half of the vote, she came away with the district’s 19 delegates.

13 Likes

Well c’mon, they’re not fetuses, fer cryin’ out loud…

</s>

7 Likes

Nope… anything to undo the progress we’ve made over the decades…

8 Likes

She’s putting all her money on betting that Trump won’t make it to the general with his legal problems.

11 Likes

I wonder if that’s her game. I mean, why not think that, but say you love Tromp until he falls (if he does)? I would think that that way, she’d gain a lot of his supporters.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Someone’s not happy.

I purposely stayed away from the D.C. Vote because it is the “Swamp,” with very few delegates, and no upside. Birdbrain spent all of her time, money and effort there.

7 Likes

If she’s not circling the wagon like the rests of the GOP, she must think he’s gonna be weak as a candidate in the general.

10 Likes

Plus, Trump has a pretty reliable track record of viewing people who dared to run against him as disloyal, even if he briefly seems to accept them into the club after they drop out. He typically does something at some point to publicly humiliate them to punish them for that disloyalty. He did this with Christie and Romney in 2016, and he’ll probably do it again this year with Ramaswamy and Tim Scott, if he somehow, God forbid, manages to win in November. I think Haley understands this, since she actually was a member of Trump’s administration. Plus, not dropping out and swearing fealty to Trump after New Hampshire put her permanently in the disloyal camp. There’s nothing she could do to gain Trump voters at this point.

10 Likes

And she’ll be the only one with delegates to bring to the table.

11 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/03/aipac-israel-spending-democratic-primaries-00144552

AIPAC uncorks $100 million war chest to sink progressive candidates

Building on a successful playbook from 2022, AIPAC and other aligned groups are picking their targets — many more of them this time.

Criticizing that is like sailing between Scylla and Charybdis: How to avoid the taint of “dual loyalties” and antisemitism while getting them to stop promoting blue-coat Republicans.

5 Likes

Saw this before caffeine. I misread it as “between Scalia and Charybdis” which probably doesn’t change the effective meaning much here.

8 Likes

Scylla was a six-headed monster, so maybe Roberts and Charybdis?

3 Likes

Unsurprising but disappointing:

I get why this can’t really be a state-by-state decision but SOMEBODY needs to enforce the insurrectionist clause and neither congress nor SCOTUS are stepping up.

11 Likes

Michael Harriot’s lesson about voting (and mainstream media coverage of Black voters):

11 Likes