Elections 2023 and 2024

8 Likes
7 Likes

Of course they disagree. If there are any, that is too many for the assholes.
Proportional representation is not something they seem to care one bit about.

7 Likes

Interesting development…

15 Likes
17 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/28/politics/biden-annual-physical-2024/index.html

“I’m ready if needed, Mr. President!”

IMG_2969

6 Likes

No he’s not.

10 Likes

Dr. Zombie Bornstein is ready!

Blood Doctor GIF by Metal Blade Records

10 Likes

We’re trying here in Michigan but for the life of me I can’t figure out why anyone wouldn’t need to open carry at a voting location or ballot counting location.

8 Likes
13 Likes

I hate that this is a tried and true method of making people fear crime when you don’t have statistics to back you up. The examples in the article makes me think of those images TERFs love to post on anything about rates of trans people committing crimes being in line with the rest of society where it’s just a bunch of mugshots and headlines, to make it look like we’re more violent than we are. It’s depressing how effective this tactic is.

14 Likes

I wish that I could offer some hope, but after centuries of that crap all I’ve seen is a few newspapers offering apologies for past wrongs. Doesn’t mean they’re gonna stop the practice, though. It’s reflected in which crimes get covered and which ones get buried, whether or not there’s a photo included, and now AI just reflects the same garbage (or generates outrage when it doesn’t conform to the stereotypes editors and owners want readers/viewers to see and believe).

Justin Jones Nashville GIF by GIPHY News

12 Likes

Thursday that Darrell Leon McClanahan, a longshot in the crowded gubernatorial race, boasted a KKK affiliation that “fundamentally contradicts our party’s values and platform,”

10 Likes

Thing is it doesn’t though.

14 Likes

They can’t even claim that the Klan deviates from the GOP in saying the quiet part out loud…

8 Likes

A general argument about voting… watching this now:

5 Likes

Sure, the GOP may agree with them about the Confederacy and hating black people and opposing democracy and everything…but I understand they really can’t stand masks. :unamused:

10 Likes

(my posting in not an endorsement)

1 Like
11 Likes
7 Likes