Elections 2023 and 2024

He won’t win if he does. The people of New Jersey are done with him. I think Andy Kim has a really good shot at taking that seat.

8 Likes

i really do think for people in cities they also see homelessness as crime. in some cases that’s because they’re seeing drug use which used to happen out of sight, and in some cases because people in tents asking for spare change feels threatening

and then, like you say, all the talking heads; and things like mass shootings - which we have control over, if people were willing to give up their guns.

7 Likes
11 Likes

Who could have imagined that these stupid laws would, you know, cut both ways?

(Acknowledged: it can’t readily be measured how many people didn’t bother voting because it was too hard to get an ID.)

15 Likes
11 Likes

It’s all Collinsing until she actually leaves.

16 Likes
7 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t4:

8 Likes
11 Likes

That’s great news. I really like Andy Kim.

10 Likes

The wikipedia page on this New Jersey Senate campaign is pretty interesting. There were lots of shenanigans going on to try to secure the nomination for Murphy, and Kim has actually sued the state over how primary ballots are designed in New Jersey. It’s pretty telling that in spite of the state Democratic Party’s efforts to deliver the nomination to Murphy, her polling was so bad that she dropped out. The people can stand up to political machinery. It is possible.

11 Likes

Re: Murkowski

Bo couches it as a virus starting to infect the Senate…

or simply just dry rot.

6 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Sorry, y’all.
Texas strikes again.
:woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Give Me A Break Whatever GIF

So helpful… what a brave man who isn’t at all just being self-aggrandizing… /s

9 Likes

Another Silicon Valley billionaire trying to fuck with the political process. Good luck winning over the people of Oakland, the people of that city just love what her companies have done for the housing situation in the greater Bay Area.

7 Likes

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

11 Likes

Possibly most famous for being Google co-founder Sergey Brin’s ex, though that would be a pretty reductive way to describe her since she’s had a long career of her own.

In regards to this election, the important thing to know about her is that she’s been a source of revenue propping up Kennedy’s vanity campaign.

9 Likes

RFK Jr’s political instincts are really paying off now! Who in America doesn’t love silicon valley lawyers? I predict this announcement will throw his support from low 3% to 3.4% in no time.

I just came up with the perfect slogan for them

“RFK Jr / Shanahan 2024: We have no shot!”

9 Likes

Who Is This Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 Likes

It sounds like she basically bought the position of running mate. As far as her background, she got a law degree from a 3rd rate law school, specialized in IP Law, founded a patent trolley company, then sold it to a bigger patent trolley for a shit ton of money. And yes, she’s Sergei Brin’s ex wife, but as @Brainspore pointed out, that’s a pretty reductive way to describe her. She made her own money. Dishonestly, really, but she made it herself.

15 Likes