Elections 2023 and 2024

14 Likes

Did they also change their name, to No Candidate?

6 Likes

Or to “All Hot Air and Thanks for the Donations!”

1 Like

Really? If so, good.

3 Likes

14 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/04/rfk-jr-january-6-00150681

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s presidential campaign walked back a line in a fundraising email sent to supporters Thursday afternoon, which described people detained for storming the Capitol in 2021 as “J6 activists.”

["That] statement was an error that does not reflect Mr. Kennedy’s views. It was inserted by a new marketing contractor and slipped through the normal approval process,” campaign press secretary Stefanie Spear said in a statement

8 Likes

Jerbs! Jerbs and More Jerbs!

(Waiting the inevitable Eeyore retort from naysaying gQpers.)

9 Likes

No Labels got no takers. Obviously political hacks are lazy and don’t want to work even for a good wage.

7 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/economy/consumers/whats-wrong-with-the-economy-its-you-not-the-data-cfa911e6

11 Likes

Huh…

Have we started a Fucking Wall Street Journal thread yet?

8 Likes

Having KM as a close associate has to count for something positive?

1 Like

Trump’s endorsement of the proposal came hours after a prominent ally, Charlie Kirk, rallied his large social media following to pressure Pillen and Nebraska state lawmakers to advance the legislation. Pillen issued a statement of support within hours.

(free link)

10 Likes

Sure, it does… Although there are some who certainly have their own criticisms of Mike from the left…

I like Mike, but I appreciate FD’s criticism of him.

3 Likes

So… most people think the economy in their state is better, but they also think the overall US economy is worse.

In other words, personal lived experience vs. doomsaying from the media.

13 Likes

Oh, I agree Mike isn’t perfect, but I’m way too privileged to criticise the choices any person with less might make.

2 Likes

To be fair, I think he’s doing okay these days! He has a pretty successful music career and has investments in other things, too (which is part of FDs criticism). Plus, he came from a family that wasn’t wealthy, but they weren’t really dirt poor either - a solid middle class family, I believe.

2 Likes

True, but I am more privileged purely by being melanin deficient.

That aside, I need to read up on the subject, but it doesn’t completely surprise me that he isn’t another Boots Riley politically. Hip hop is about storytelling (among many other things), so I don’t take everything a rapper rhymes about at face value for sure :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

All true enough! And of course, his music is still fantastic and he’s a great rapper (working with the best white rapper in the game)…

2 Likes

So, not Snow?

4 Likes

No! :laughing: But… here is the primary essay that Signifier did about white rappers in general…

2 Likes