Elon Musk begging users to like advertiser's tweets

Before I left Twitter, I blocked the account for literally every single ad that popped up in my feed.

6 Likes

I’ve never been in a Tesla, but I’m imagining that the UI inside could (if it doesn’t already) serve up an advertisement whenever Tesla wants. I mean, what’s another distraction? I’d also assume the charging stations played ads whether one wanted them to or not, just like some gas pumps, but I suppose since charging takes a lot longer no one would just hang around the charger (OTOH what’s one more piece of noise pollution?)

3 Likes

I’m still doing that when I’m on Twitter

4 Likes

Wow. I watched it, but … not even Betty White could save that one. And they almost killed Howard Sprague!

3 Likes

VTOL is a big plus. Fuel economy sucks, though.

5 Likes

Simone Giertz, awesome YouTuber of “shitty robots” fame, once shocked a bunch of advertisers when she told them (quoting from memory) “Nobody likes ads. They’re all like finding your dog has shit on the floor. The good ads are like finding he’s shit on the linoleum and not the carpet.”

14 Likes

Uh, what?

I agree, it’s pretty clear Elon didn’t even start thinking about the nature of Twitter’s business model until he was already firmly on the hook to buy it.

5 Likes

Has he started thinking about it yet?

9 Likes

Enough to think moving to an $8/mo premium subscription would be a better model.

Ron Howard: “It wasn’t.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.