Elon Musk emails Twitter staff, warning "economic picture ahead is dire"

Moreover, 70% of our advertising is brand, rather than specific performance, which makes us doubly vulnerable!

That’s actually as close as he’ll ever get to admitting being the poison that fucked-over Twitter.

6 Likes

You guys think you have seen rock bottom!? Just wait!

8 Likes

It’s in my Facebook news feed from various idiots but I wondered where they got it from. The only thing I could find was Biden’s speech yesterday.

5 Likes
8 Likes

That I had heard about, but I have not seen anyone saying anything about there being secret info for retaliation. Of course, I am not on Facebook. I imagine if I were I might have. But that just sounds like MAGA wishful thinking

2 Likes

I mean, I own the Boring Company: an entire company entirely devoted to digging deeper holes!

15 Likes

All my likes

5 Likes

Mmmm… pencil whip…

2 Likes

…and the Yankistani rethuglicants.

Its sad, Facebook is an empty waste land, and thou i never use normal twitter, after dark twitter is a land of genuine engagement and tips on where to buy rear items, it will be a shame to loose, I already see the accounts i follow going to different mastadon servers and know i will never follow half if not all of these people again.

1 Like

Or get the bots to pay up.

8 Likes

Greta Thunberg, Neil Gaiman a lot of new high profile mastodon users.

20 Likes

Twitter policy such that remote work is no longer allowed, unless you have a specific exception. Managers will send the exceptions lists to me for review an approval.

If I was a Twitter employee, this sentence would be the signal to look for alternative employment. At face value it is meant to project serious business and the idea of “the man in control”, in fact it reeks of desperation, someone completely out of his depth. The idea of a billionaire CEO of several multinational companies approving requests for flexy work is more than ludicrous.

I know it is meant to be a proforma blanket rejection because nobody would be that stupid to send a request after the email, but the fact he has written it that way it is meant to be read like it is an actual HR process.

And it looks bad, it always looks bad when the billionaire boss sends the “we are all in the same boat so work until you croack” email

16 Likes

Trying to crack the whip over remote peons just isn’t the same.

16 Likes

Their Zoom tears are never as sweet, and it is harder to impregnate your underlings remotely

12 Likes

And to think Dante believed there were only nine.

17 Likes

That would be the logical next step, right? Mr Elon Musk touring the cubicles, keeping tally of bathroom breaks and time on lunches…

10 Likes

I can’t see what his motivation for that is, though. He won’t make any money the way he’s doing it. This isn’t like one of those corporate butcher jobs like Mitt Romney would do. He’s going to lose billions with what he’s doing. I don’t believe he hates Twitter because he loves his huge adoring audience there and wouldn’t give that up.

I think the simpler answer is just that he’s incompetent and got in way over his head.

24 Likes

Yup. He’s a bullshitter who has been getting away with it for so long that he started to live, breathe and believe his own bullshit.

20 Likes

Pretty sure he’s got that white savior complex where he can do no wrong, anything he touches is gold, and can do anything he puts his mind to. Completely divorced from reality, and i’m sure even now he doesn’t think he’s the problem.

22 Likes