Elon Musk takes control of Twitter, fires top management

Yep. You’re right that this is just something else Trump ripped off.

Original use of that racist (black culture taunting) comment belongs to DeSantis: Ron DeSantis welcomes 'African American' Elon Musk's support

Never thought I’d defend DeSantis on anything, but he’s the original asshole who spoke that shit first.

16 Likes

Yeah, the humanity line must have had him laughing his ass off, he gets away with this garbage.

These folks are salesman trash. It’s not about truth or belief, it’s about making the sale. It’s not morals, it’s a game.

7 Likes

Has he gotten rid of the bots yet? What about the guy tracking his private jet?

13 Likes

What are the official boingboing addresses on Mastodon? I’d like to see the reposts show up in my feed, but I don’t want to subscribe to some scammerbot.

2 Likes

Delete Twitter Account

7 Likes

That was a false economy. He’s going to end up losing so much more.

19 Likes

I Hope So Macaulay Culkin GIF by filmeditor

23 Likes

there is an rss feed at boingboing.net/feed

7 Likes

Best take I have heard so far…

42 Likes

Done & done.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 6.54.36 pm

32 Likes

I can’t be arsed to delete my account, since I never post and never go to the Twitter site on purpose. And since I use Feedly and RSS, a lot of Twitter embeds default to not loading the embed plugin and I only get a link. Twitter doesn’t show me any ads yet, because I don’t engage with it enough. So Twitter doesn’t earn anything off of me.

Musk is basically going through puberty and a midlife crisis at the same time. And he’s already experiencing buyer’s remorse, but that is about the limit of the fucks I have to give.

Oh, and his big claim to let the Orange Turd return is just him being loyal to his tribe of former rich kids who think they own the world. Not gonna pay attention, unless it bleeds into the BBS or my other media feeds.

14 Likes

I’m not even ON twitter and I’m worried about what havoc this is going to unleash… Trump will be back by Monday, I bet…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Is that what Trump supposedly said? The “African-American” thing?

He probably believes that he IS helping humanity.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

gundam villain speech

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

21 Likes

Maybe this is, in the end, a good thing. Twitter’s been a toxic trumpster fire for years. Now that Musk is begrudgingly in charge, this could force a lot of people who just kind of put up with Twitter’s bullshit to seriously consider alternatives, and could create enough of a desire for a new platform to drive the development of something more responsible.

Heaven forbid, we do actually end up with that “digital town square” that Elon pretends to care about. Not from Twitter of course, God no, now that Elon’s free to implement all the bad ideas circulating in his head Twitter’s going to become a wasteland.

7 Likes

I think Twitter is like Facebook or any other social media platform , it is what you make of it.

Twitter and Facebook are both platforms for conspiracy, hate, division, misinformation, and all of that stuff, but…

Unless I go looking for it all I see is what I’m interested in and Facebook is just happy fun stuff with family and freinds. Unless I venture into local groups, most of which I get kicked out of because I call them all out on lies and hate, I never see toxic stuff.

I know that don’t fix it and it does need fixing but baby bath water comes to mind.

I also have no idea what the solution is, every platform will eventually be taken over by the crap.

7 Likes

Nailed it.

17 Likes

Cross-posting here

20 Likes

Next week or so he’s going to hire Kanye West.

14 Likes
21 Likes
21 Likes

For the people saying this will just be the end of Twitter: the vast majority of people who use Twitter do so without any concern or care for the political or wider social ramifications. And they will continue to do so. If the blatant fascists like Trump are allowed back, it will not spell Twitter’s doom. It will just give Trump a massive platform from which to spread misinformation and disinformation to the detriment of us all, whether you are on Twitter yourself or not. This is in no way, shape, or form anything other than bad.

18 Likes