Elon Musk takes control of Twitter, fires top management

6 Likes

(damn, realizing I’m not the first one to that punchline. But still…)

10 Likes

I appreciate this take:

9 Likes

White Hats wisely remain silent.

6 Likes

@wazroth

21 Likes

(excerpt) … the problems with Twitter are not engineering problems. They are political problems .

For Elon, they are the same. He moved to Texas… didn’t he?

7 Likes

That’s Jeff Bezos.

7 Likes

I got a notification that today is my 14th twitter anniversary of when I joined. They suggested I celebrate with a tweet. I feel like I should celebrate by deleting my account.

17 Likes

Does this mean Devin will soon learn his cow’s name?

5 Likes

Turns out the layoff thing was maybe a hoax?

1 Like
9 Likes

Again, anyone got odds on the viable lawsuits about to be filed against twitter?

11 Likes

I just deactivated the Twitter account I opened in 2007.
Twitter doesn’t need me and I sure as hell don’t need twitter.

19 Likes

I’m trying to figure out why muskrat fired the CFO. In a normal company, a CFO has little to do with the technical or strategic operation of a company. CFOs only get fired if:

• they have committed or suspected of fraudulent practices,
  • the company wants to engage in fraudulent practices, and the CFO won’t go along, or
  • they become way too expensive.

If I were a government agency, I’d be very interested In Twitter’s books and financial practices right now.

15 Likes

He’s got top people working on those algorithms.

8 Likes

Musk will claim #1,. but I suspect #2 is the real reason

12 Likes

First problem is it has no wheels or a battery?

14 Likes

This is such good advice that I’ve been doing it for several years now! :laughing: Really any promoted tweet got blocked. Using Tweetdeck was also useful, but perhaps less so once it was acquired by Twitter itself.

Still going to close my account, though. Or maybe just try to get banned. Dunno.

10 Likes

Honestly I bet he hasn’t thought that far ahead. My guess is it’s that simply that he is the genius and so everyone should be people that he picked. Then if the new CFO does even a half-competent job he can take his usual credit…I wonder if he’ll give them as stupid a title as Master of Coin.

12 Likes

Same!

1 Like