Elon Musk takes control of Twitter, fires top management

I’m torn between deleting and banning.

Saw a suggested poll on another site I may tweet and see if it results in a ban. Not sure what the max number of options in a twitter poll is.

In My Opinion Elon Musk is…

1. … a pedo guy
  2. … a racist fuckwit
  3. … a sex pest
  4. … unable to get laid without paying for it
  5. … a worthless excuse for a human being
  6. … all of the above

ETA: Nuts. 4 options, 25 chars max per option

6 Likes

It’s very typical when a new ownership / management comes into a company that the whole C suite goes.

1 Like

I don’t think the user base cares, though.

7 Likes

More good analysis from The Vergecast

5 Likes

And meanwhile the Twitter developers are supposed to be locked out of the code.

I guess Twitter is on “autopilot”.

6 Likes

This might also be a hoax. The ppl I know who from Twitter said it’s just a relatively normal Friday all things considered.

2 Likes

It sounds like something made up by people who think that three people on one keyboard can quickly dive into Twitter’s code and find the box marked Elder Protocols.

14 Likes

It might be worth quitting just to help juice the negative member numbers upon Musk’s takeover.

13 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

Compliance is often structured under Finance.

9 Likes

nilay patel’s take is pretty good. he doesn’t bury the lede: line one of the piece, “you fucked up real good, kiddo.”

you know what rank twitter has in the social media top 10?

sorry, that was a trick question.

with any luck musk can drive it down below quora by the end of the next couple of quarters. who knows, if it gets bad enough fast enough he could be competing with truth social by the end of 2023.

13 Likes

I’d download your archive data, take a look at the information the site has on you and is selling about you, before making such a statement. I used twitter in a very similar manner to you and it still was very accurate on the demos I was in and absolutely was selling that info about me.

5 Likes

A keyboard… how modern! I’m hacking Zork so it can be played on a rotary phone.

9 Likes

4 Likes

your presence on twitter is worth almost seven times what a similar presence would be worth to facebook because it has twitter has seven times fewer monthly visitors. the fact that it is currently in 13th place among social media sites makes each “participant” that much more important.

5 Likes

We have a topic just for random polls now

5 Likes

Go all the way.

14 Likes

Friend who worked at Tesla liked the challenges of the work and the sorts of problems they were working on, but he really wished it wasn’t run by an idiot dancing monkey.

7 Likes

That would simplify it. Since it’s on a RPi1, I have to farm the voice recognition out to the Internet.

1 Like

Needs more stainless steel.

3 Likes