Elon Musk tests positive (and negative) for Covid after experiencing symptoms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/13/elon-musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-covid-after-experiencing-symptoms.html

6 Likes

“close to zero cases by April”

14 Likes

Elon sure does know a lot about this test after four sample points from one test subject. I will now take science advice from him.

21 Likes

Come on Elon if this was a conspiracy then rapid test would always come back positive. Just like those Chinese made non-contact temperature guns that always read 98.7.

11 Likes

Then he must be the random factor.

9 Likes

People who are accustomed to being praised for their genius are exhausting. They believe the hype and start thinking whatever expertise they have is much more generalizable than it actually is. Not true for all brilliant people, of course, but Musk is certainly one of them.

31 Likes

Or is the machine they have used, maybe is like this one

And Elon now has and doesn’t have COVID.

Or using more traditional concept, there is a random measuring error, in a borderline case.

17 Likes

17 Likes

Especially when they don’t bother to read or pay attention to scientific reports before spouting off on social media. The FDA and the CDC have documented varying levels of accuracy in the tests for months. He has the privilege of ignoring what doesn’t affect him personally, and getting very upset when things don’t work to his benefit. Of course, he has the money to solve that second problem, while most of us don’t.

20 Likes

sounds like he has it, then. i look forward to his future tweets on this subject.

4 Likes

Hey, in his defense, given the caseloads we have now, the numbers from April do look much better…

God we really screwed this one up…

7 Likes

Exactly–it’s all about context! Don’t think of this month having the most cases to date, think of it as having the least amount of cases compared to the next two to three months!

9 Likes

He’s administering a kind of reverse intelligence test. There are a lot of not-terribly-bright, conspiracy-minded, angry guys out there shopping around for a new cult leader this week, and that’s a demographic Musk is always looking to increase his market share with.

Credit for long-term thinking where it’s due, he’s been softening them up for a while now, as his previous tweets on the subject indicate.

Or he’s an idiot, but eh, I’m feeling charitable, so let’s go with “cunning sociopathic grifter.”

9 Likes

Hey Elon, you know what’s even harder than space? Biology. Welcome.

23 Likes

Maybe not, if he’s been pushing that “herd immunity” shite and he recovers quickly.

Yes, embarrassing in the eyes of anyone who recognizes that shite as the shite that it is, but thoroughly heroic to those who don’t.

8 Likes

Because now the Jeep lovers could buy a plug-in hybrid and seems that
Chrysler FCA Stellaris had in the drawers some design for electric cars and hybrid poertrains and now is stating to sell them.

The tests aren’t 100% reliable. But I am not sure what the accuracy rate is. A friends daughter had both a positive and a negative test.

This. It’s why I don’t drive a Fauci Roadster, or go to his pitching camp.

4 Likes

hey, the rockets are cool. so i guess are the cars, if you hack em into trucksters. but as for covid and baby names, and also (…insert any other subject) don’t need to hear from ya. thanks

3 Likes

I’ve said before that I wish a long term side effect of Covid-19 was a sense of humility.

If he is truly testing positive and winds up with a mild case, it is going to be just another anecdotal point of how it is not too bad.

Never mind the fact that he may be lucky with his level of exposure or even the current state of his immune system. And also ignoring the fact that he essentially does not have a problem affording premium medical care.

5 Likes