🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

The only possible, slightly possible, silver lining to this is the chance that the far-right will get upset enough at “Republicans” that they start splitting off out of sheer frustration, forming an informal Q-Tea-Party. If the Republicans came out of this with their own infuriating “Green” party to bleed votes away from the mainstream, that would be something at least.

6 Likes

What the actual fucketing fuck is this hot mess?

13 Likes

11 Likes

I look forward to her adopting the more conservative requirement that women can’t hold office or vote?

13 Likes

I hold that belief about her at least.

14 Likes

Mitt forgot to bring his spine with him today

8 Likes

I am confused. She almost seems to be proud of not having a thought in her head. “Whatever you say sir. Absolutely sir. Nope, no thinking happening here, no sir!” But surely that is not the case. She is a proud, free-thinking woman, right? :unamused:

8 Likes

FUUUUCK. He was my last hope. Damn.

5 Likes

Being free thinking means falling in lock-step with the dear leader! /s

9 Likes

It makes sense. SCOTUS is a Roe V Wade abortion issue, and Romney is LDS, and a Utah Senator. He’s thinking about his next election. His views on abortion seem to be completely political, and vary with the breeze. The “Abortion” section in his beliefs wiki is a bit bewildering.

He could be sued by the patent holder for flipflops.

8 Likes

Russia’s RT being ironic? clever? mocking?

Or lierally an invite from Putin?..

“In a press release celebrating its video, RT wrote: “If all doesn’t go well for Donald Trump at the polls on November 3, then don’t worry Mr President, just hop on a plane to Moscow because there’s a job waiting for you.”” -TheDailyBeast

8 Likes

I read RT the way I watch the North Korean youtube channel, but I have to hand it to them for the “Stormy Weather Forecast” and “Putin’s Apprentice.”

I think Russia walks a fine line with Trump, because while they want to support Trump they also have to keep up the image of the US as a looming threat, and they can’t let having a puppet President here ruin that, even temporarily. Putin rules through fearmongering in the same way Trump does.

I think this is taking a shot at the “enemy”, but not meant to be overly critical of Trump’s (Putin’s) actual policies (instructions). I imagine if they do one with Biden it won’t be so warm.

3 Likes

He wants a conservative strangle hold. While I could argue Mitt has honor or values; the reality is his religious beliefs trump everything for him.

5 Likes

Everything republicans “fear” about the Taliban or the Mullahs in Iran is coming to America.

Sickening.To hell with Mormons, Catholics and the Religious right.

8 Likes

I dunno about that. If you go back and look at his stated views on abortion I linked, it will make you dizzy.

He waffles like a pro.

During the 2002 governor’s race, Romney’s platform stated, “As Governor, Mitt Romney would protect the current pro-choice status quo in Massachusetts. No law would change.” He also endorsed the legalization of RU-486 or the “morning after pill.” The executive director of Massachusetts NARAL at the time, Melissa Kogut, stated that in her organization’s endorsement interview with Romney, he was “emphatic that the Republican Party was not doing themselves a service by being so vehemently anti-choice.” He responded to a Planned Parenthood questionnaire saying that he supported public funds for low-income women seeking an abortion. He asked for the endorsement from Republican Majority for Choice.

On May 27, 2005 Romney said “he is committed to maintaining the ‘status quo’ in Massachusetts on abortion rights.” This pro-choice stance as Governor of Massachusetts earned him criticism from conservatives and the conservative magazine, Human Events, labeled him as one of the top ten RINOs

but

Throughout the 2012 presidential campaign, Romney vowed that he would eliminate all federal funding for Planned Parenthood if elected.

but then

While Romney would prefer to see passage of federal legislation or of a constitutional amendment that would outlaw abortion, he does not believe the public would support such measures; as an alternative, he has promised to nominate Supreme Court justices who would help overturn Roe v. Wade, allowing the states to individually decide on the legality of abortion.

and then

In May 2019, as a US Senator, Romney announced that he was opposed to a law passed in Alabama banning abortions including in cases of rape or incest. Senator Romney said that he supports exceptions for rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother. He opposed the Missouri abortion ban, a law which bans abortion after eight weeks of pregnancy. He also said that he opposed the extreme laws being proposed by “both sides,” such as the pro-abortion rights bills in New York and Virginia as well as the anti-abortion bill in Missouri, and that he wants “something much more towards the center” regarding abortion. In 2020, Mitt Romney signed an amicus brief asking the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I think “something more toward the center” just means, “the view that gives me the most votes.”

4 Likes

Totally agree, its votes and I think his religion plays a big part…whether that is because of his personal views or the collective views of his constituency I don’t know they are inseparable.

2 Likes

It’s definitely odd, because he comes across as wanting the people of the states in question to decide, but then as a Senator, he OPPOSES laws passed in Alabama and Missouri and New York and Virginia.

I think the part that makes it all hold together is political back-scratching. It probably has more to do with who is at that moment opposing or promoting bills, who he needs favors from, how his vote will be perceived, his poll numbers among whatever category he feels he needs help with, etc. etc.

2 Likes

Most likely…I have no doubt plenty of back door deals happen and that is definitely (and unironically) happens in both parties to be sure.

I think the issue with some of the GOP is simply they think they are practicing the below moral stand. They are not. But it is what they envision they are doing!!! mores the pity.

7 Likes

There is already the Libertarian Party and they already get more votes than the Greens

2 Likes
7 Likes