🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

unhinged southern rambling

4 Likes

But will she?..

6 Likes

Can we please stop doing this? Not all of us in the south are unhinged trump voters.

13 Likes

Oh, we are unhinged, but not that unhinged. Come on, get real! If somebody could figure out how to get us hinged again, they could make a fortune.

5 Likes

I dunno, if I hadn’t already been unhinged I think 2020 would have broken me completely…

5 Likes

Exactly! Being unhinged shows flexibility.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Wouldn’t “not agreeing” to this mean there could be no Senate work to confirm and vote for a SCJ? I mean was this not an opportunity? I know it would lead to hurting elsewhere…but man alive…start playing the game the way the GOP does! DEMs will seriously not win playing by a different set of rules.

1 Like

Nope. Congress operates independently of budget, in that basic operations are already funded. So it wouldn’t do anything to stop the Senate from operating but it would pile additional damage on the most vulnerable people who are already pummeled from a pandemic, recession, and natural disasters.

11 Likes

TY. wasn’t sure what kind of operating shut down this was.

3 Likes

Money is still going to “help” McConnell’s tobacco farmers.

SoB

3 Likes

Oh my God this is somehow even more hilariously hideous than the original statue (featured on BoingBoing in July)

8 Likes

Be bust.

9 Likes

I think these shutdown games are pretty dangerous, in that things seem to keep going even without a budget, and life goes on week after week, and the goons in the White House might decide they don’t need Congress after all

Every “government shutdown” is a rehearsal for dictatorship

5 Likes
2 Likes

It has kind of a brutalist/primitivist thing going. I am not sure it works for memorializing an individual, being faceless like that. It seems like something that would more symbolize a faceless group, robbed of their identity.

But then…

“We are here today because we put up again a statue of Melania to the place where it was burnt and to commemorate the statue that was set on fire,” Slovenian artist Marko Vivoda told AP news agency.

Evidently this isn’t even intended to memorialize her, rather the statue OF her, I guess… It was faceless, so… I guess this is a pretty good likeness.

2 Likes
11 Likes

The Republicans use Baby Armor. It is SUPER-EFFECTIVE!

8 Likes

A bit of an long read but it does go into some detail about how the advertiser boycotts are still having an lingering effect in the company.

9 Likes

I would have thought being hinged showed flexibility!

4 Likes