🍊🍊🍊🀑🀑 Even More Trumpian Events 🀑🀑🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Surprisingly, animated series and movies are an area where DC does excel.

6 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/politics/donald-trump-mount-rushmore-south-dakota-speech-lines/index.html

12. β€œOur children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains.”

I took a peek at the my kids’ curriculum just to double check this so I can now officially say there is nothing in there about hating America.

17 Likes

No.

The Shadow/Vorlon conflict doesn’t neatly map onto our left-right political axis. The Shadows loved to control others, and encouraged war, chaos and conflict without care for the death and destruction it caused. As far as they were concerned, the survivors would be stronger as a result, and thus, the universe would be Made Great Again.

That makes a Shadow ship flyover an absolutely perfect image for Trump. Kudos, @RickMycroft! >chef’s kiss<

(And no, the Vorlons weren’t exactly good guys either. If the Shadows represented Chaos, the Vorlons preferred Order-- traditional to the point of stasis, and complete obedience to the Vorlons. They had a tendency to vaporize entire planets they felt were overly influenced by the Shadows.)

(If we talk about this any more, it should be in that Nerd Debates topic. :wink: I’m going to go make sure it’s Open for business.)

10 Likes

6 Likes

Jesus H Christ

ETA:

9 Likes
9 Likes

OMG is that real :fearful:

6 Likes

It’s as real as he is.

3 Likes

It also currently seems to be the 8th highest Google Images result for bugs wearing a human suit

6 Likes

6th for me now.

3 Likes

Oddly, if I put quotation marks around the phrase I get pictures of Stephen Miller instead :thinking:

5 Likes

(I just finished watching this movie.)

Btw is that an anus under trumps chin?

3 Likes

The movie they were going to call American Bullshit but the distributor wouldn’t let them?

2 Likes

Watching BunkerBaby give a speech is like watching Marlon Brando trying to give life to the character Baron Vladimir Harkonnen.

5 Likes

2ph93x

11 Likes

So that’s what it looks like if Biff was Doc Brown.

1 Like

Even without the virus, the crowd would probably look the same.

7 Likes

The β€œI can’t even” is strong with this post, on so many levels.

4 Likes

It’s been a few years since I read it, but that was basically my takeaway. The problem would’ve been solved whether Superman had landed in Ukraine or Kansas, it’s just framed in a way to make the audience feel uncomfortable in this one.

3 Likes

Hmmm, that sounds…like a good thing?