🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Better headline:

CNN fell short. (Surprise)

11 Likes

I personally know a lifelong Republican who at the time was an elected official in Indiana who was an elector for the 2016 presidential election and she REFUSED to cast her vote for the party’s/state’s winner: Trump. (She was ‘asked’ to step down from her elected position as a result.)

So, not necessarily always a good thing to penalize people for using their intelligence and conscience to vote counter to the general population.

15 Likes

Yeah, no doubt not always a good thing. I was thinking more generally, like the case of Trump losing by 3 million votes yet winning the electoral college.

13 Likes

Yep…

“The justices ruled in favor of Washington state and Colorado, which had imposed penalties on several so-called faithless electors who defied pledges in 2016 to vote for the winner of their states’ popular vote, Democrat Hillary Clinton.”

“State officials have said faithless electors threaten the integrity of American democracy by subverting the will of the electorate and opening the door to corruption.” -Reuters

15 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to read up on it! Interesting that the vote was unanimous. Maybe the court is signaling that it’s had enough of blatant Republican vote-thievery.

9 Likes

It certainly invalidates the primary line of attack for going after the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, assuming it ever crosses the electoral college vote majority needed to activate it.

6 Likes

19 Likes

Yeah. But ultimately the electoral college should be superseded by the 12th Amendment. One person- one vote.

11 Likes

I may buy this one.

3 Likes

No doubt! Maybe this SCOTUS decision will amount to a step in that direction. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Screw equality and justice. Confederate flags and ratings are what rules the day.

17 Likes

Well, he is a (fascist) populist, so “popular equals good.” Despite how unpopular he’s become. (Hell, was he ever popular? He lost the frickin popular vote!)

11 Likes
10 Likes

Does that make him an unpopulist?

5 Likes
7 Likes

I’d never heard of “My Pillow” before.

This is the CEO (on the right).
AP20090787441521

And this is from their twitter.
EVDbl2cWoAAx0gA

And yes, his company did switch to making masks for COVID but so did hundreds of others (and just about everyone at home) and they didn’t make white-house appearances.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I stand corrected.

@Jerry_Sneede

7 Likes

It’s kind of annoying how many people are profiting off their roles in helping to drive our country to the brink of fucking disaster NOW…

Now that things are on the brink, they’re all throwing out their memoirs of how they were fucked over. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

21 Likes
17 Likes