Every member of congress's reaction to Trump firing the FBI Director investigating him

You’ve heard several people here already explain how that’s not necessarily the case though, right? I mean, you are listening as well as talking, aren’t you?

That seems, based on past quotes and current behaviour, to be pretty much how Trump saw and sees Comey. He was a useful tool, now he’s the enemy. So who’s the hypocrite, here?

It’s Trump. Trump is the hypocrite. Trump is a hypocrite forever plus one.

For me at least, this is the point you’re missing widely. This isn’t about Comey. Fuck that guy. This is about Trump, and Trump’s words and Trump’s actions and his shitty shitty excuses. Personally I’m unconvinced that there’s some grand conspiracy going on between Trump and the russkies, but nobody has done more to persuade me on the matter than Trump acting like such a shifty motherfucker all the damn time. Firing someone investigating you for a crime is about as shifty as it gets.

Well see there’s the problem with your experiment, you have no control group. Me, I look at right wing websites every day or two, and the liberals are always being called hypocrites, like a reflex. Usually it’s based on arguments about as tenuous as the one you’ve made here.

11 Likes

I quite often feel as though I am the only one listening, but I usually dismiss that as illusion of self.

Which is why I would rather not keep handing them ammunition.

I normally look at right-wing websites only slightly less often than left-wing ones, which is why I felt it necessary to make the point that I haven’t done so recently. I’ve been busy.

Anyway, thought you deserved to know I am listening, but I’m still busy, so I will meet you anon in a thread that we can both get more out of.

Worrying how the things you do look to others is in general no way to live. Worrying about drawing criticism from propaganda machines is especially futile, because whatever you do they’ll find something.

I respect that you’re busy though and I won’t keep on at you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I believe that you are nearly alone in believing that and nearly don’t believe you when you say that you believe it. I was under the impression that you were familiar with the concept of nuance.

Whoop-de-fucking-do! No matter what our reaction they would find a reason to see us as “untrustworthy, lying hypocrites”, so i don’t see why we should worry that idiots are going to be stupid.

8 Likes

It’s always so weird when someone says they’re “done,” but then they just keep on going…

2 Likes

The problem with your position is that when the release of “secret” information is one-sided it gives the other side an unwarranted appearance of rectitude. Until full information on both sides is public, selective release is a below-the-belt weapon.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know. My opinion hasn’t changed. I think Comey should have been fired … May of 2016.

Firing him this week, in the context of Comey trying to ramp up the investigation into Russia’s attempts to manipulate the election, is a bombshell. That’s more important right now than my feelings about Comey.

Given who will be hiring Comey’s replacement … don’t hold your breath. And that’s the problem. We have an administration possibly put in place by foreign agents firing the guy who’s trying to investigate the actions of those foreign agents.

This stinks. Not because Comey is suddenly anything other than terrible.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.