EXCLUSIVE: Even MORE shocking video of the Covington teens

apparently, they have NOT been invited to the white house, so there’s that. it was a rumor started by Laura Ingraham, and the white house spokespeople are denying it at this point. of course this could change when Orange Mussolini gets his hands on his phone next…

11 Likes

That’s what she’s saying in that scene?? I’ve spent 20 years thinking that was something in her language.

2 Likes

11 Likes

My guess is Laura had actual inside info that trump was gonna invite them and they denied it because it fell through or someone one one side or the other thought it was a bad idea… just an educated guess.

12 Likes

It looks like it.
Evidence that the White House is full of fucking weasels, part one billion - after claiming that report was false, they admitted this:

8 Likes

And the main little shit grts an interview on the Today show.

I may need to punch something.

23 Likes

I will take the producers of the Today Show for $500 Alex.

21 Likes

Make Astley Great Again

7 Likes

yeah, that makes total sense. BEST SWAMP EVER!

2 Likes

Are you aware that for those of us that love and use the /blog feature, the music blares loudly on autoplay every time we come to visit boingboing until it’s down far enough that it’s on page 2?

4 Likes

It’s been a consistent pattern with this administration - a report comes out that they’re going to do something (e.g. fire someone), and their response is to deny it. In the case of firings, they then delay the firing for a couple weeks beyond what they initially planned, for no other reason than to undermine the report. A false denial to news seems to be reflexive at this point.

6 Likes

Now just imagine how my indigenous brothers and sisters are feeling and multiply it ohhhh let’s say x60 million.

On another note, it’s really nice to see people acknowleding that Native Americans actually exist and aren’t from a long ago time or part of some mythical magical clan.

The bad part is, well, everything else.

17 Likes

Many of us can empathize, because we also are and have been historically oppressed, marginalized, exploited, denigrated and erased.

Native American ancestry is only one small part of my intersectionalism, but as a woman of color who grew up under yoke of the straight White male supremacy disguised as a democracy that we call the US, I can honestly tell you:

Feels

May you live to see the new dawn.

17 Likes

Nazis are people, too!
Won’t someone please think of the racists?

/s (as if needed)

5 Likes

Right after Nathan Phillips, i hope?

6 Likes

(Note: satire, not real, fake news, etc etc)
50755871_2048524731849254_6457912177725538304_n

6 Likes

Reality has now completely inverted. Completely. Trump is saying the word dream to think that they can come together in peace on Martin Luther King Day after the very opposite of everything Martin Luther King Junior stood for.

I am going to throw up in my throat

3 Likes
12 Likes

Full circle. Racism all around.

“Several attempts to interview Cipollone on Tuesday were unsuccessful”

'ya think?

“Cipollone was one of the founding members of the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast.”

The same breakfast where Ms Butina and other Russian sympathizers attended?

13 Likes

But, as the days have passed, it seems that as soon as the story becomes more complicated – when a fuller picture emerges in all of its messy human detail – the Indigenous are no longer deserving of compassion. If it was Phillips who approached the Covington students, commentators suggest, then maybe the cacophony of laughter, war whoops, tomahawk chops and that smug grin was not what we saw: racism.

This is what is killing me about this story. The entire thing is about whether we can really take one kid’s smirk as racist.

What about the tomahawk chops?!?

12 Likes